Wiring questions

Energy One

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Bring it Biotch:eek::oldlaugh:
What he wrote back some it doesn't pertain to what I said.

Some of it agrees with me. Lol I never said anything about taking the headlight apart also requires your front end apart. That would be stupid. I said if you have to take your front end apart meaning, greasing those neck bearings (for proper maintainance) rather than unhooking it under the tank you have to take it apart at the headlight and unhook the connector and feed it back through. Not a huge deal but...

I'm not an EE, and I'm thankful for it. But I can read. You know who was an EE? The folks who designed the EHC..lol

I'm aware the JWPF connectors nominal load rating is only 3AMPS which exceeds the load on most halogen headlights. But load ratings are also over engineered to a factor of probably somewhere around 2.5x. But who uses regular headlights anymore? These LED draw about 2.5-3 AMPs.

Docs unit is solid overall I have no issues with mine and perhaps would order another if I got another BigDog

I just want people on the board to understand ALL the options. That's what we are here for. As a public forum that's its intention.

At the end of the day we are not launching Spaceships here...these are simple machines

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BWG56

Guru
What he wrote back some it doesn't pertain to what I said.
I'm aware the JST connectors nominal load rating is only 3AMPS which exceeds the load on most halogen headlights. But who uses regular headlights anymore? These LED draw about 1-1.5 AMPs.
Docs unit is solid overall I have no issues with mine and perhaps would order another if necessary.
I just want people on the board to understand ALL the options. That's what we are here for. As a public forum that's its intention.
A lot more than you know are using the regular H4 and not the LED

And if the people weren't confused, they prolly are now.

If you want the people to understand all options then I think its very important to tell them everything you know about the units. That would be a definite game changer for 1 of the units. And its not the ESC.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
A lot more than you know are using the regular H4 and not the LED

And if the people weren't confused, they prolly are now.

If you want the people to understand all options then I think its very important to tell them everything you know about the units. That would be a definite game changer for 1 of the units. And its not the ESC.
Doc's unit comes with instructions and the RIP does not. Support seems to be better from what I hear on the DOCs, but I don't have personal experience as I didn't have any questions on either unit.

I already mentioned Doc's wiring loom is neater...wire colors don't match stock but neither do RIP.

Not sure what else LOL. Unless we are comparing a RIP Gen2 Kit which I would not recommend whatsoever. Keeping the stock connector that shouldn't have been placed on a MC in the first place isn't a good option and Not replacing the wire loom isn't Smart.

Sometimes I wonder why I post...I got no skin in the game..lol. I dont really care what people do with their own bikes. ha

Last edited:

cdogg556

Guru
Can any other EHC replacement kits provide "all" the above mention features/options to the BDM owners?
NO, without a doubt!
[/QUOTE]
:whoop::whoop::whoop::old2::old2::old2:

MBOYTE

Damn, I seemed to have opened a can of worms!! Anyway, whether or not it will hold up, I went with EHC replacement from Wild Steed Worx, along with the Ultima Ignition kit. Everything works, bike fired right up, all lights worked, and I breathed a sigh of relief!! Still trying to get a refund for the cash I spent on the Wires Plus from Paypal...Thanks for all the input guys, I appreciate it!!:oldthumbsup:

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Damn, I seemed to have opened a can of worms!! Anyway, whether or not it will hold up, I went with EHC replacement from Wild Steed Worx, along with the Ultima Ignition kit. Everything works, bike fired right up, all lights worked, and I breathed a sigh of relief!! Still trying to get a refund for the cash I spent on the Wires Plus from Paypal...Thanks for all the input guys, I appreciate it!!:oldthumbsup:
Hopefully you get that refund...PayPal should do you right since you never received product. I'm sure they will try contacting them and not be able to get ahold of either.

cdogg556

Guru
Glad to hear it worked out for you, :old2: now get on that bad dog and ride! :chopper: :old2:

BWG56

Guru
Grab the damn can of worms and lets go fishing.upload_2017-10-13_17-28-30.png