Wilder

Wilder

On my 06 Chopper 117 cu outer primary case cover, do the covers over the clutch and the front sprocket come off the primary case? I'm asking before I try because I just changed the fluid and now it's leaking.

Mickmorris

Supporting Member
On my 06 Chopper 117 cu outer primary case cover, do the covers over the clutch and the front sprocket come off the primary case? I'm asking before I try because I just changed the fluid and now it's leaking.
Yeah as Mr. Wright pointed out How much Fluid did you install? Just changing fluid shouldn’t cause your primary to start leaking. 22oz in ‘05 & up - 32ozs in ‘04 & earlier.

Wilder

Yeah as Mr. Wright pointed out How much Fluid did you install? Just changing fluid shouldn’t cause your primary to start leaking. 22oz in ‘05 & up - 32ozs in ‘04 & earlier.
Well I had the outer primary cover off and all I can figure was fluid from sitting on the workbench leaked down to those dummy covers. My owner's manual says 48 oz.

Wilder

The covers come off, but there isn't a hole behind them. Only 22oz of fluid should be used.
I had the outer primary cover off and sitting on the workbench so as I can figure is fluid ran down the sides down to those dummy covers, and was running out after I had it all put back together. This morning is there is no leakage. Ty.

Mickmorris

Supporting Member
I thought I remembered those were dummy covers. Why does the owner's manual say 48 oz?
No definitely not 48ozs! I never seen any primary call for that amount. Like I said BigDog ‘05 & up 22ozs. BigDog ‘04& earlier’32.