Trying to get new wheels for my Mutt.

stnick

When I purchased my Mutt I talked to the dealer about getting the Coyote wheels on my bike through the promotional Big Dog is currently offering.

Big Dog Motorcycles - Current Sales Incentives

They said when they talked to the regional sales guy he said the dealer has to buy a new bike and they send the wheels with the new bike. Unfortunately my dealer isn't currently able to buy a new bike to get the wheels so I can do the swap. They said if/when they get a new bike they will get the wheels but there isn't any telling on how long that will be. I am not sure how much longer Big Dog will be running this promotional.

Do you guys think it is possible that another dealer that is moving and ordering more bikes might be able to get these wheels for me and do the swap? Big Dog Tampa sells a good many bikes and has a couple new Coyotes on the floor, which is the bike Big Dog wants the dealer to order to get a set of wheels. However, I do not believe they have any Big Dog Mutts so they cannot take advantage of the promotional anyway. Perhaps if my dealership were to work with them they could get me the wheels?

I love the wheels on Coyote but my Mutt was such a good price and that is the main difference. Then before I purchased I saw the promotional Big Dog was offering. Hell yeah.

Just curious if any of you might be able to shed some light on this scenario.

I've been riding my Dog everywhere and have had absolutely no problems. I am already coming up on my first service!!! I love the bike!

stnick

Your not the first one that tried this with a Mutt. LOL!
Tried getting wheels or tried keeping it?

I actually tried different models and picked the Mutt/Coyote. It wasn't a price thing for me. I know its not the flagship model but it's actually the one I preferred. :)

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
I know its not the flagship model but it's actually the one I preferred. :)
And a good one if you ask me.

I would work with the Tampa place and see if they can get you the wheels you want with Big Dog. But do it soon cause your on the coast and you don't want rust on those spokes. I used to live you your town and (I don't miss it!!!).

:D:2thumbs::D

stnick

And a good one if you ask me.

I would work with the Tampa place and see if they can get you the wheels you want with Big Dog. But do it soon cause your on the coast and you don't want rust on those spokes. I used to live you your town and (I don't miss it!!!).

:D:2thumbs::D
Thanks Ray.

I'll give it a try. The dealership I bought my bike from (American Biker) has been great but they aren't able to move as many bikes as Tampa. Hopefully Tampa Big Dog will be able to help out.

My wife and I chose this town to settle down in after getting out the Navy! It is not too bad but it is getting more crowded.

One nice thing about the town is the extended riding season!!! It was around 75 degrees F on Christmas last year.

My team actually comes up your way every now and then. Some of them were just out there at the Naval Hospital.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Thanks Ray.

I'll give it a try. The dealership I bought my bike from (American Biker) has been great but they aren't able to move as many bikes as Tampa. Hopefully Tampa Big Dog will be able to help out.

My wife and I chose this town to settle down in after getting out the Navy! It is not too bad but it is getting more crowded.

One nice thing about the town is the extended riding season!!! It was around 75 degrees F on Christmas last year.

My team actually comes up your way every now and then. Some of them were just out there at the Naval Hospital.
If you get up this way look me up. I will ride with you!!! I hit a dog on my sporty in Goose Creek back in the 70's. See my "A Sailors Story" in the Dog Pound. I was stationed there on the Subs from 77-80.
See ya soon,
:D

stnick

If you get up this way look me up. I will ride with you!!! I hit a dog on my sporty in Goose Creek back in the 70's. See my "A Sailors Story" in the Dog Pound. I was stationed there on the Subs from 77-80.
See ya soon,
:D
Will do! Damn do I feel young... You were cruisin' around on your sporty about the time that I was born.

I am going to give Tampa Big Dog a call tomorrow. I hope they are receptive and don't think I'm freakin' crazy.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Will do! Damn do I feel young... You were cruisin' around on your sporty about the time that I was born.
Oh, thanks a lot! :D I lived in the College Park area if it's still there!

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Lifetime Supporting Member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
If you offered to pay the shipping, I don't see why they wouldn't send you the wheels if you qualify for this program. I'd ask because it would still be a killer deal if you got a new set of wheels and just had to pay shipping.

I have the same wheels on my K-9 and is a major reason I bought it, that and the orange paint.

stnick

I used their contact form and sent them this:

"Hello, my name is Brandon Nichols. I recently purchased a 2008 Big Dog Mutt from American Biker in Charleston, SC. Before I purchased it, I found out about the promotional that Big Dog was offering that allowed the Mutt wheels to be swapped for Coyote Wheels.

Big Dog Motorcycles - Current Sales Incentives

American Biker called the regional manager and he stated that they needed to purchase another bike to get the free wheels for the swap. The owner informed me that they cannot currently take on another new bike. They said they would try to get them when they can afford to put a new bike on the floor but I am unsure how much longer Big Dog is going to be offering the promotional.

I know that Big Dog of Tampa moves a lot of motorcycles and has an excellent reputation so I thought it might be worth a shot to get in touch with you guys. I was wondering if you guys would be willing to help me get the Coyote wheels. I would assume, of course, any shipping/handling or other charges that occur with the transaction.

Just thought it would be worth a shot. I would love to replace these spokes with some billet wheels.

Thank you for your time.

-Brandon"

Hopefully, I will hear back something.

stnick

Oh, thanks a lot! :D I lived in the College Park area if it's still there!
Oh sorry Ray! I didn't mean to imply that you are old!!:2thumbs:

Hmm, I don't venture downtown much. I assume it is still there. I took the kids to Riverdogs game a year ago so unless they've torn it all down recently it is still standing.

I know where college park road in Goose Creek is! :lol: In fact, American Biker, the new Big Dog dealership is just off of that road. I love being only 5 miles away from a Big Dog service center!

stnick

If you offered to pay the shipping, I don't see why they wouldn't send you the wheels if you qualify for this program. I'd ask because it would still be a killer deal if you got a new set of wheels and just had to pay shipping.

I have the same wheels on my K-9 and is a major reason I bought it, that and the orange paint.
That was my thinking as well. I hope it works out.
The price on this bike new was unbeatable. I am not a big fan of spokes so when I saw the promotional it was a deal sealer for me. The only major differences are the wheels and the Coyote has the struts already that will mount a sissy bar. My struts are painted and do not have the mount for a bar.