Sterling Custom Seat

AZ Rider

Just got my custom seat from Sterling and it looks awesome!!! He is great to work with and makes the process too easy. Sent him a few pics and he took it from there. I went with gel inserts and built up passenger seat to keep the wife happy. I have to give him credit for pushing to get the seat to me in time for AZ Bike Week. :2thumbs: It was touch and go there for a moment. :)

Will be going for a ride later when the wife gets home. I'll post her feedback in comparison to the pillion pad. I can already tell how much more comfortable it is for me, so I have no doubt the wife will be very happy as well.

Last edited:

Jwooky

Looks outstanding. Can you give some details on how you improved it for the rider? How much thicker, wider, gel etc. It looks pretty comfy.

My girl has been complaining about the p-pad. Can't blame her.

Also look forward to hearing your wife's feedback too.

Thanks

AZ Rider

Basically paid the extra $100 to have gel inserts, high back on the rider seat (can't remember if that is standard), and larger seat area for the passenger.
  • I'm not sure how much difference the gel inserts make. I don't feel much more comfort than my stock single seat.
  • The higher back definitely provides more support and it feels more like you are sitting in a seat than on a seat.
  • Wife loves the larger passenger seat area and thinks the gel inserts make a big difference. She didn't mind the p-pad originally, but says she will never go back after riding on that seat.
All-in-all I'm very happy with feel, the look, and the quality of the seat. Sterling does quality work and is great to work with. I'm going to have him do a single seat with more design elements in the spring.

Jwooky

Basically paid the extra $100 to have gel inserts, high back on the rider seat (can't remember if that is standard), and larger seat area for the passenger.
  • I'm not sure how much difference the gel inserts make. I don't feel much more comfort than my stock single seat.
  • The higher back definitely provides more support and it feels more like you are sitting in a seat than on a seat.
  • Wife loves the larger passenger seat area and thinks the gel inserts make a big difference. She didn't mind the p-pad originally, but says she will never go back after riding on that seat.
All-in-all I'm very happy with feel, the look, and the quality of the seat. Sterling does quality work and is great to work with. I'm going to have him do a single seat with more design elements in the spring.
Thanks. Do you know any dimensions, 2 inches wider and taller etc.

Jwooky

I'm actually not sure about the dimensions to compare. I can measure to compare to my stock single, but not in comparison to the standard two-up.
Ok, thanks. Maybe just lay a tape measure across the top and sides, and someone else can do the same with a standard one.

Bottom line the Ms happy with it? Any long rides yet?

AZ Rider

Bottom line is the wife and I love the seat. We've done a 300 miler, but it's still a bike, so the ride isn't like sitting on your couch. But, definitely worth the investment.

Here's the measurements: