SHOW US YOUR CUSTOM SEATS

Energy One

mjsk9

This is a seat recently done by Seatmaker (Scott), with backrest mods done by Groundpounder (Tom). The seat was my stock ‘08 K9, and Scott used gel and memory foam. I just got back from a trip to New Mexico and it was waiting for me at home Saturday. Can’t wait to put some miles on it. I am sure grateful there are such quality craftsmen around here. You’ll never find better fit and finish, to say nothing of the skill required to adapt the backrest to our Big Dog seat pan.
I put on a lot of miles in all kinds of weather, and because of that elected to keep a smooth seat instead of some of that cool stitching. In my experience stitches ultimately lead to a wet butt someday. Haha But I sure love the diamond patterns....
View attachment 65492
View attachment 65491
I am very interested to hear your review of the backrest, Rick (and anyone else that has one) since I am contemplating getting one for my Indian Chieftain Limited for the longer trips....

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
Well, what's it like having one of these on your Dog as opposed to say having a customized stock seat from say 'Bad Ass Bike Seats', in comparison...
I bought a 2 up from HDM and its ok. Not sure if its because I havent broke it in yet but seems firmer than my stock solo seat that I've had since 2006.

Dispatch

I bought a 2 up from HDM and its ok. Not sure if its because I havent broke it in yet but seems firmer than my stock solo seat that I've had since 2006.
On the Airhawk comfort design, they sure boast a lot at Danny Gray about the seats air cell system and its makeup, it reminds me of the old Reebok Pump basketball sneakers that first came out back in 89.

My question is, is it a proven system that truly provides what it claims, or is it just a gimmick?

That's a hell of a lot of dough to gamble on if it's not...

Is there such a thing as the perfect motorcycle seat, above-all comfort-wise, or is it just an endless quest for most, like myself we just tolerate what it is we end up with? smiley face.gif

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
On the Airhawk comfort design, they sure boast a lot at Danny Gray about the seats air cell system and its makeup, it reminds me of the old Reebok Pump basketball sneakers that first came out back in 89.

My question is, is it a proven system that truly provides what it claims, or is it just a gimmick?

That's a hell of a lot of dough to gamble on if it's not...

Is there such a thing as the perfect motorcycle seat, above-all comfort-wise, or is it just an endless quest for most, like myself we just tolerate what it is we end up with? View attachment 77294
Everything I've read and heard the airhawk is an awesome seat. But I just went with the normal danny grey.