replacing my 09 Mastiff handle bar

i am not very happy with the stock handlebars, too tight with my seating position, my dealer suggested i switch into ridgeback handlebars, he says they are 2 inch wider and 3 inch backward, would you recommend it?:):)

V

Guru
Haven't sat on a Mastiff lately but the 08 and later Ridgeback bars defently do give you more pullback. If I were gonna do it I would mount just the bars first and check it out b4 hooking everything up. If you got hold to a set of bars you could possibly unbolt your stock bars have a bud hold them and temp bolt on the new ones just to check the feel. My .02

i got my new Ridgeback bars, replaced them and they ended up as low as my waist and the cables hitting the gas tank when i turn!! do you know if there should be any risers fixed? where did i go wrong?

Eric

Banned
i got my new Ridgeback bars, replaced them and they ended up as low as my waist and the cables hitting the gas tank when i turn!! do you know if there should be any risers fixed? where did i go wrong?
super fly had the same thind done to his mastiff.. he got someone to make him some cool risers.. give him a shout.. maybe he can help ya out...

RubWhore

Asshole Extraordinaire
Did you change clutch and throtle cables when you installed them?
I have a K9 that I put them on and had to install longer cables and extend my hand control harnesses to make everything work right but I haint never see a set go lower something doesnt sound right

2004BC

FREEDOM!!!
There is a member here that makes spacers any size you want to bring your bars up to the height you want. If everything else feels good and it's just height then space them up. I did and it worked perfect. I went up 1.375" and did not have to change cables. Do a search.
:cheers:

yes i have changed the cables but they are way lower than my stock, my dealer says he fixed them for more than 10 bikes without a need for risers, spacers...i have some pictures here but honestly don't know how to post them through a URL...

TimNY

I have a set of 07 K-9 Bars with internal wires in place
Also came with cabels and brake hose with stock grips.
I paid $150 for everything on E bay.

I'm useing 03 bars with HD controls, I'd like to sell the bars , cabels & grips.
Thanks Tim

kickstart

I have a set of 07 K-9 Bars with internal wires in place
Also came with cabels and brake hose with stock grips.
I paid $150 for everything on E bay.

I'm useing 03 bars with HD controls, I'd like to sell the bars , cabels & grips.
Thanks Tim
:up:

stryfox

I put 1" spacers on my mutt and it fits me better.
Probably should have gone with 1.5"
Anyway just wanted to add with the 1" I did not need to change anything else.

rlafrancois

I am interested in the set of 07 K-9 Bars with internal wires in place with cabels and brake hose with stock grips. Please let me know. Thanks .

-Rich