Rear rotor

Energy One

Deathstar88

Where can i find the matching rear Rotor that came with my bike from factory? The front rotor is a match with the front factory wheel....but the back is not. The previous owner replaced the rotor with a standard Harley rotor. Im guesing the previous owner cheaped out, and didnt want to spend the extra money on the matching one ? is Harley that juch cheaper? Or are these parts hard to find?

Deathstar88

Im still looking for the orignal factory rear rotor for a 2003 Pitbull. Anyone have one lying around? I beleive they are Performace machine Luxe wheels and rotors that big dog used in 03. The newer Luxe wheels and rotors are slighty different than the older ones.

Deathstar88

here is my front rotor. I need the matching Rear. I believe it may be performance machine Luxe style wheels and rotors, but im not sure. After 2003, the design changed

Attachments

Deathstar88

Nope. ive been calling donna for over a year. She got back to me once last year, but didnt have it. She had a newer pitbull rotor, but not an 03.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Nope. ive been calling donna for over a year. She got back to me once last year, but didnt have it. She had a newer pitbull rotor, but not an 03.
You would have to call Performance Machines and ask if they still make them. You may be shit out of luck.

Deathstar88

Update.....Rick told me they actually did make the rotors, but he is not sure if they can still be made. not sure if they have the program or machine to make them anymore. Guess i am shit out of luck !

Last edited:

8ball

Hey Deathstar, they made a oneoff for my 2004 Chopper for about $250 that included shipping, talk with Rick Preuss he helped me out

Deathstar88

i did talk to rick. lol he said they cant make it anymore. His exact words.....'That design was Purged from our system'. Im out of luck.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Design was purged from our system....seems odd! Not sure how many companies would throw stuff out?

Regardless I could understand if he said he didn't want to do it and wasn't worth his time. But purged from the system sounds weird. Although I suppose they could have ran an older CNC back then and software might not be compatible

Doesn't help much right now but we are in the process of upgrading our Mill to 3 axis over the next several months. We have the base dimensions for the BD solid rotors and the base dimensions for the carriers on the BDs with floating rotors so once were done with the upgrade we will be doing short runs and one offs.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
Some one had to machine the inner circle on the harley rotor to fit the big dog. Iddid one in Virginia on an 03 and iguess he's still running it.

FrankBDPS

The rotors get thin over time it dosent matter how often you change you're pads. I wanted stainless steel rotors for my bike and called Performance Machine. The said sorry SOL. I got lucky and Donna found a set.

Keep in mind that most of the vendors who dealt with Big Dog took a bath in the bankruptcies. Some of them want nothing to do with the bikes any more. It makes it hard for all of us.

Deathstar88

Yep. i swear, thats what he said !! You cant make this shit up. lol Im about to just buy a new wheel, pulley ,rotor ,set and call it a day. if i buy a new PM set....will the new rotors have to be machine worked to fit?