Rear Belt Pulley

Energy One

Que

OK got a new set of pullies and even a NEW transmission. Installed tranny and shimmed. The belt rides more to the outside of the trans pulley no matter where I adjust the wheel. Even tried tweaking the entire engine and trans to no avail. Still got a ratchet feel when twisting hard on the throttle. I stopped at the Harley dealer and got my eye on a new scoot. This one is soon to be for sale. And yes even checked for cracked welds and bad swingarm bushings. Even bought some new wheel spacers to move the wheel over to the left. I really think the last owner was banging on her hard with that bolt snapped and tweaked something. The rear wheel always sat to the right of the fender. Decided to give it one more look. I think I got this figured out. The swingarm is out of adjustment. If I can adjust that large adjuster on the right side I think that will fix it. That would explain the wheel being over to the right side. Must have been built on a Monday by someone who just started to work for the company.

Last edited:

Kiwirider

Would candle wax or a dry lube stick rubbed on it work (on the belt I mean lol)? I used to use that on squeaky fan belts in cars and machinery.

HMAN

I just like my Freedom
Would candle wax or a dry lube stick rubbed on it work (on the belt I mean lol)? I used to use that on squeaky fan belts in cars and machinery.
Dean, I just used a chunk of regular ole bar soap. I worked the inner and outer EDGES of the belt and volia....no squeak. Works for a couple weeks or so and then ya gotta do again. :up:

Kiwirider

Dean, I just used a chunk of regular ole bar soap. I worked the inner and outer EDGES of the belt and volia....no squeak. Works for a couple weeks or so and then ya gotta do again. :up:
Yup that'll do the same job Id say. I guess with soap itll be easier to clean if it flings off onto your rims.

bigdaddyintexas

...Decided to give it one more look. I think I got this figured out. The swingarm is out of adjustment. If I can adjust that large adjuster on the right side I think that will fix it. That would explain the wheel being over to the right side.
Ok I gotta ask, did it work?

:bang: