PSI

Deathstar88

Seems once a week, my front tire get very low on air, and i have to fill back up. .....then a week later its low again. There are no visible cracks, holes, nails, or anything like that. what can be causing this? and what do i do?

Brew

Troop Supporter
Have you recently changed that tire? Do you have valve caps on the valve stems? It could be leaking around the bead some have had issues like that due to uneven or corroded rims ect...

Have you recently changed that tire? Do you have valve caps on the valve stems? It could be leaking around the bead some have had issues like that due to uneven or corroded rims ect...
:2thumbs:X2

I have given up several times and just put tubes in customer's rims because I just can't get the bead to stop leaking.

Sven

1. Mix water and dish soap in a paper cup, and find and old toothbrush.
2. Drop the toothbrush in solution, then as the bike is parked on the side stand, have the wheel cocked so the soapy water runs down the bead of the rim and tire.
3. Cock the wheel to the other way so you keep feeding the rim and tire meeting points and watch for a bubble.
4. Remove tire cap and soak the whole tire stem and schrader valve. No bubbles? Press the valve down so you shoot the liquid out, rather than run more vapor into the rim and cause oxidation and hard to remove tires off the rim's bead, etc.
5. OR... Remove wheel, find a pool and dip the rim so the whole tire, the whole rim and bead expose a bubble coming up from some point? Rotate N-E-S-W kind of rotation and start at the tire stem at S position.
6. Replace tire and call it a day.
7. Run tire sealer and not much or the more you install the more you clean up the crap when the tire is changed.

liferider

Looking forward to retirement
:2thumbs:X2

I have given up several times and just put tubes in customer's rims because I just can't get the bead to stop leaking.
That sucks because Dyna beads were not designed to run inside inner tubes. According to there web page under Q&A they are suppose to be run only in tubeless tires

francoblay1

The Spaniard
Join the Club.... mine it´s been like that for the last two years (I must pump it up 2-3 times a month).

I am waiting till I need a new tire.

FrankBDPS

If you install the Dyna beads make sure there are none of the stuck on the seal for the valve. It will not seal if you crush some on the sealing area.