Programmable ECM module for EFI bikes

Energy One
Neil,
Hope you are doing well, and thanks for the advice. I attempted to use both com ports, with no luck. I was actually still in the demo mode and knew it wouldnt work with the flashing No ECU on USSB. I,ve read about your Thundermax and it sounds great, and I will be changing to the S&S or the Thundermax if I am indeed locked. No I am not getting any driver messages, just attempting to read and fumble...lol. I will attempt another shot after work utilizing the toolbar. My VFI has the RS2 port and just bought the data transfer cable to connect to computer.

Thanks,
Neil

Nomad2day

Longhair Redneck Geek
Neil,
Hope you are doing well, and thanks for the advice. I attempted to use both com ports, with no luck. I was actually still in the demo mode and knew it wouldnt work with the flashing No ECU on USSB. I,ve read about your Thundermax and it sounds great, and I will be changing to the S&S or the Thundermax if I am indeed locked. No I am not getting any driver messages, just attempting to read and fumble...lol. I will attempt another shot after work utilizing the toolbar. My VFI has the RS2 port and just bought the data transfer cable to connect to computer.

Thanks,
Neil
Thanks, I am with you now.
Still out of work until they do the radiation treatment sometime in the month of April. Go in on April 10th for a consultation and hopefully the treatment a week later.
I see it is trying to communicate through the USB which should be automatic anyway if it does not see anything on the default selected serial port. Key on, run is on and your fuel pump primes.
In the S&S manual for the pro tune II under connection it talks about having to use there cable and install the driver for it. I don't know about this seeing how mine VFI was a serial port. A few others on here have connected to their ECM being a USB and perhaps they will ring in on the usb cable . I know the manual says if it does not see the ECM, turn off the bike for 15 seconds and try again.
Should not matter if it is in demo, it should connect. I know I have pro tune version 2.4 which is old.

Yep, key on , run, primes and did it a few times. That's why I question the cable, Radio shack, last night, needing a male to male and all they sold was a DATA TRANSFER CABLE. Figured OK, it's transferring data, we'll see? The cable has a small, in line device. And when I plugged in the computer seemed to recognize the device....BUT????

Thanks, and all the best wishes for you.
Marty

Thanks, I am with you now.
Still out of work until they do the radiation treatment sometime in the month of April. Go in on April 10th for a consultation and hopefully the treatment a week later.
I see it is trying to communicate through the USB which should be automatic anyway if it does not see anything on the default selected serial port. Key on, run is on and your fuel pump primes.
In the S&S manual for the pro tune II under connection it talks about having to use there cable and install the driver for it. I don't know about this seeing how mine VFI was a serial port. A few others on here have connected to their ECM being a USB and perhaps they will ring in on the usb cable . I know the manual says if it does not see the ECM, turn off the bike for 15 seconds and try again.
Should not matter if it is in demo, it should connect. I know I have pro tune version 2.4 which is old.

Nomad2day

Longhair Redneck Geek
Yep, key on , run, primes and did it a few times. That's why I question the cable, Radio shack, last night, needing a male to male and all they sold was a DATA TRANSFER CABLE. Figured OK, it's transferring data, we'll see? The cable has a small, in line device. And when I plugged in the computer seemed to recognize the device....BUT????

Thanks, and all the best wishes for you.
Marty
Sent you a pm as well.
I would think any usb cable such as one for a phone or camera should work if the usb connector on the ECM is the same. I am guessing it is the small usb connector.
Neil