need help selecting a cam

Energy One

tpir33

I have an 02 pit with the 107. I contacted big dog and I have the 520 cam right now. wanting to put a better cam in i was thinking the s&s 585. anyone have any info or has anyone had any luck with one more than the other?

john sachs

Good all around cam with NO pms. is S&S 600.:up:If you're looking to win dyno shootouts,the're others,that when combined with head work will get you in the ballpark.:eek:
John

tpir33

just want to spice up the motor nothing too extreme. I have read alot of the forums talking about cams most of them seem to deal with the 117. A mechanic i talked to thought the 600 might be to much. Before that I had talked to big dog and they didn't mention anything bad about it.

john sachs

just want to spice up the motor nothing too extreme. I have read alot of the forums talking about cams most of them seem to deal with the 117. A mechanic i talked to thought the 600 might be to much. Before that I had talked to big dog and they didn't mention anything bad about it.
I'm waiting on dyno results on a 107" with a S&S 600 cam I did end of Feb.....
I've made 110 hp. on 96" motors back in the day with the S&S 600 cam.Good torque as well.:up:
John

john sachs

tpir,
Did the heads,oversize intake valves,port and chamber work,set compression, and "G" carb(bored & T-jet).
John

V

Guru
John
Whats your opinion on the woods cams? I had a 05 Pitbull that I put a S&S 600 in and the bike ran strong. On my 08 I installed a woods .590 (W8) that has less duration. I typically don't hit the yellow marks on the tach and the Woods seems to pull better. The 600 in my 05 would flat at go on the top end thou.

My final set up (for now) will be the .590 woods and a triple x G carb, Mean mother pipes WITH baffles. (Trying to build up cyl pressure)

Any thoughts

Thanks V