Installed D&M Spike question ?

Lifwghts

BIG BASTARD
IMG_1339.JPG I just removed Arlen Ness velocity stack style air filter and there was a black air hose connected to the mounting bracket around 3/8" diameter going back into the cylinder head somewhere
Question I have is that the D&M mounting bracket doesn't have a threaded hole for the nipple thus I have no where to go with this hose ?
Any help is appreciated
See attached

Attachments

Last edited:

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Give me a little bit closer picture of both brackets, you might be able to tap one of the holes, or drill and tap a new one. I can't see it very well in the pictures you have.

Brew

Troop Supporter
Let the hose drop between the cylinders, that's what some of us have done (including me). Others have mounted a small chrome air filter on the end of the hose and let it dangle down.

Brew

Troop Supporter
No, it's a vent hose and the white PVC tube is a check valve that lets built up air pressure vent out of the top of the head.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
I believe the hose he is talking about is the crankcase vent hose. You can put a little filter on it like Brew said, but I prefer it to have a little vacuum on it.

francoblay1

The Spaniard
Let the hose drop between the cylinders, that's what some of us have done (including me). Others have mounted a small chrome air filter on the end of the hose and let it dangle down.
:agree:

If you like it in the vertical position, it does work better.

If you have a hesitation at jet transition (2500-3000 rpm) you can fix that going up to .060 Air Bleed Jet.

Let me know if you need documentation/Notes on that subject.

:chopper:

mittens

Mine is mounted Forward, looks better to me then up, and works great. The B&D bracket should be hollow, and allow the heads to feed back into the intake. There is still a breather hose coming from the crankcase as well though, but thats not coming from the heads now with the new bracket. I have a thread where I was confused too.

Thread about breather bracket on heads/intake.
http://www.bigdogbiker.com/threads/breather-help.61392/

Thread about the little filter for the crankcase.
http://www.bigdogbiker.com/threads/what-am-i-missing-here-what-is-this.58904/

Last edited:

liferider

Looking forward to retirement
image.jpg Got tired of dealing with the Super G jetting got the main good then the midrange would fall on its face, then more throttle and the high end would kick in. Got damn dangerous! With the Mikuni,1 big ass jet! More throttle more fuel!