hydraulic clutch

ShaneG UK9

As a machinist, that would be a fun project to get the actuator mounted in there. If the hard pull clutch handle is your only reason to go through all that work, there are other options to make your clutch easier to pull.
Ok thank you, can you tell me the other options? The roads over here are narrow and require a lot of clutch play, plus sitting in slow traffic etc I’ve had my K9 for 6 years and really would like the clutch lever to be easier to use as I plan to keep my Big Dog forever and do lots more riding, had a Harley for 10 years but I love my K9 and S&S

mleach72

Thank you Mick. Can you send me a link to them for me please, much appreciated
Yes, Mick is correct. The EZ pull ball and ramp will make a difference. I had it done to my bike after feeling the clutch on newer bikes when the EZ pull came standard. Night and day difference. You have to be a little more precise with the clutch rod adjustment because the ramp is longer, but you will figure it out. Also, make sure you give the clutch cable a good lube job every year.

Mickmorris

Supporting Member
Yes, Mick is correct. The EZ pull ball and ramp will make a difference. I had it done to my bike after feeling the clutch on newer bikes when the EZ pull came standard. Night and day difference. You have to be a little more precise with the clutch rod adjustment because the ramp is longer, but you will figure it out. Also, make sure you give the clutch cable a good lube job every year.
Yes lubing the clutch cable regularly is something lots of people neglect to do. Very easy and I recommend Dri-Slide cable lube. Works very well.IMG_1089.jpeg

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Ok thank you, can you tell me the other options? The roads over here are narrow and require a lot of clutch play, plus sitting in slow traffic etc I’ve had my K9 for 6 years and really would like the clutch lever to be easier to use as I plan to keep my Big Dog forever and do lots more riding, had a Harley for 10 years but I love my K9 and S&S
CanDo Ergonomic Hand Grip https://a.co/d/fnmRdzl

Mikeinjersey

Expensive but it will fix your issue with hard pull. I don't know anyone who has this clutch but it sure seems great!

ShaneG UK9

Thank you all for your helpful messages, especially Mr Wright with the hand exercise tip :oldsmile: I’ve decided to go for the Barnes ball pull kit, they don’t have options for shipping to the UK at the checkout, so have emailed them, hopefully will get it shipped over and fitted, in the meantime I’ll make do with the CanDo :oldthumbsup: thanks again for all the help

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Thank you all for your helpful messages, especially Mr Wright with the hand exercise tip :oldsmile: I’ve decided to go for the Barnes ball pull kit, they don’t have options for shipping to the UK at the checkout, so have emailed them, hopefully will get it shipped over and fitted, in the meantime I’ll make do with the CanDo :oldthumbsup: thanks again for all the help
If Barns won't ship overseas, try www.wildsteedworx.com

Mickmorris

Supporting Member
Keep us posted on your progress. If you need help getting the part shipped lmk.

Mickmorris

Supporting Member
Yes I believe that is the same thing Barnes has.