Best Carb Option

Energy One

FrankBDPS

You should do a plug check and fine tune the carb. Make sure it is not running lean. Good luck and ride safe.

The programmable ignition module raw will get rid of the lo RPM roughness and a good Dyno shop can tune your extreme build and get rid of the Decel pop.

Ghost Rider

I pulled the plugs today (not the first time since the rebuild). I have to give credit to Lee at Xlerated....no dyno, just his feel. Clean with a light beige dusting....perfect. I wonder about dyno-tuning a carb engine. I mean, it's perfect that day, that temp, humidity, elevation, fuel....but it's still a carburetor.
As far as adding another computer? Isn't that why I started tearing this engine apart in the first place?....horn and blinker and Shit goin nuts? I'm reluctant to trade reliability for peak efficiency. I'd ad a kick-start if I had my druthers. Even with the latest and greatest electronic upgrades, I still have to restart my ignition mid-ride frequently to have a speedo and tach. I could do without both but I know my spark is tied to the same dang system.

So, I switched to cooler plugs. Made sense to me with the compression increase. Ngk somethin-or-other r7 traded for the same in r8.

Decel pop is all but gone and seemingly no other collateral consequence.
Still has the same pep and seems smoother on the low.

Last edited: