bandit clutch

HOOLIGAN

SICK BOY
I just wanted to throw this out there. Afriend of mine had a Bandit clutch put in his mastiff. Bandit sells the clutch and the bearing carrier seperately. The stealership told him that the bandit bearing carrier wouldnt work in his bike. After a few hundred miles the stock carrier broke and pretty much fucked his clutch. It literally broke into 3 pieces and was completely unrideable. Theres a local builder in our area who knows the owner of Bandit and gave him a call. He said that the stock cast bearing carrier isnt strong enough for use with the Bandit clutches and if you try to use this combo he can almost guarantee it will end in disaster every time. The Bandit clutch is designed to be used with Bandits bearing carrier. So if youre going to go with Bandit and you want the performance youre supposed to get out of it, get the whole package and dont half ass it. Bandit replaced his clutch but he had to buy the billet bearing carrier so minus the headache he made out ok. Needless to say hes never going back to the dealership for service.

Last edited:

lee

quite a few of us have put Bandit clutches in our bikes - do a search - there are a lot of posts on the Bandit

bdmridgeback

Low Down Chop Shop
Yea, that Stealer is wrong. It works in all BDM bikes from 2005 to current that has the DSSC primary on it. The Carrier and clutch is a bullet proof setup from Bandit.

Very happy with mine!!!