knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
I just take a piece of carboard and make a drain funnel....bike has to be completely upright ....i stand beside the bike and lean it to get it all out after most of it is drained

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Drain ur oil from the here its way easier....like i was saying erlier make ya a card board funnel20200412_164402.jpg

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Who the hell at BD decided that this was a good design when putting the bike together and not have it dawn on them that customers would be having an impossible time just to do a simple fluid change?!
Well most engineers dont think about working on stuff...but if you drain it from the spot i was showing u its not problem...just make sure after its done draining setting up right just stand beside it and lean it over for like a minute or 2 and u will be fine

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Was this one of the things Big Dog when they were in business, had a recall on or was it on something else?, if it wasn't on this, this sure qualifies for a major one, not to beat a dead horse but I mean how idiotic, even the most half-ass mechanic would see this going in...

I'll try that though, I got to get me some long ball Allen's now.

Draining it from that plug, does it get all the fluid out the same as if you drained it from the one it says to drain it from?
Yep it get all the oil out

chubs

Guru
There you go again...

No, the real question/problem here is why do you have to be so touchy about everything people say?

It's easy for you to scrutinize about doing something you know nothing about, you're not the one who has to do it and deal with the end result, whether it works out right or not.

Here's an idea, go get yourself a can of
, kill that bug up your ass!
If he has a bug up his butt. i'd say you seem to have a major infestation. Chill out. Life is too short for attitude!!

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
There you go again...

No, the real question/problem here is why do you have to be so touchy about everything people say?

It's easy for you to scrutinize about doing something you know nothing about, you're not the one who has to do it and deal with the end result, whether it works out right or not.

Here's an idea, go get yourself a can of
, kill that bug up your ass!
You funny man. I'm just giving you an easy solution to a problem you seem to be having. FYI, I've been working on Big Dogs for 17years. Not much I haven't had to deal with.