107" S&S Manual

SimpleMan_Omen

Thanks everyone for all the help, drop box resources and contacting S&S. I'm slowing piecing together the knowledge that I need. It seems like it might be the ignition. I could replace it with the Ultima that is in it but am debating the much more expensive S&S Cycle HI-4N Ignition. $125 vs $220. I can get either from Amazon and with their return policy if that turns out not to be the problem I can send it back and continue troubleshooting.

BigDogRick

I replaced the Thunderheart ignition module in my Vintage with a cone-mounted HI-4N and absolutely loved it. In another lengthy as-it-unfolded thread I replaced it along with every other electrical part in my bike - long story not needing told again. Suffice it to say I really liked that ignition and got three years of fun out of it.

SimpleMan_Omen

I replaced the Thunderheart ignition module in my Vintage with a cone-mounted HI-4N and absolutely loved it. In another lengthy as-it-unfolded thread I replaced it along with every other electrical part in my bike - long story not needing told again. Suffice it to say I really liked that ignition and got three years of fun out of it.
Did it last three years or just three years so far?

BigDogRick

It lasted until my voltage regulator poled and started cranking out 22 amps of AC and fried it along with every single electrical and electronic component on my bike. No fault to the ignition. It was a simple casualty.

BigDogRick

That sounds horrible and horribly expensive!
Yeah, but it resulted in a fabulously reliable old school Evo style rewire that has me back on the road with high confidence and no fear of any confusion in any reputable V-twin shop in the country. It happened last year when my bike was eighteen years old and full of miles and memories.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I checked my manual and it covers everything except what you need.

View attachment 58875
That 117 is on the dropbox, I picked up a PDF copy last year or the year before and sent it over to Doug to throw on his dropbox. Let me see if I can find a resource for a 107, I have the physical hard copy manual for a 107 but I'll see if I can track down a 107 for the group too.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

wadester

Yeah, but it resulted in a fabulously reliable old school Evo style rewire that has me back on the road with high confidence and no fear of any confusion in any reputable V-twin shop in the country. It happened last year when my bike was eighteen years old and full of miles and memories.
That sounds like a smart move,before shit gets cooked in the middle of BFE.