03 bd chopper

Spike D

Let out of throttle or down shift chirping noise any help appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
The 03 Mad clown pulley design was the worst with this problem. What has happen, is the pulley is worn and/or the teeth are coming loose. Might even check the spokes on the pulley for cracks. The good news is, HDM has redesigned this pulley, and beefed it up, but still maintained that design. Plus it has a Teflon coating on it. Give Eric or Donna a call and they will fix you up with a new one. 620-680-0395.
www.bigdogpartskingpin.com

Spike D

The 03 Mad clown pulley design was the worst with this problem. What has happen, is the pulley is worn and/or the teeth are coming loose. Might even check the spokes on the pulley for cracks. The good news is, HDM has redesigned this pulley, and beefed it up, but still maintained that design. Plus it has a Teflon coating on it. Give Eric or Donna a call and they will fix you up with a new one. 620-680-0395.

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Like Mr.Wright said they have better designs of the mad clown now....but also check to see if ur belt is loose...i have had them to chirp letting off the gas and usually that is why mine have chirped...or could be your getting a little bit of primary oil or motor oil on it from a little leak in that area

Spike D

Thanks also my ignition switch went out any 3 positions with work for that application

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Thanks also my ignition switch went out any 3 positions with work for that application

Take a pic of the one you have now cause it may or may not be the stock one....if its the stock one HDM has them as Mr.Wright stated above...he also posted there website above also....if its not stock it maybe a sportster key switch...take a pic and post it so we see what you have to help you get in the right direction

Twincam8888

Like Mr.Wright said they have better designs of the mad clown now....but also check to see if ur belt is loose...i have had them to chirp letting off the gas and usually that is why mine have chirped...or could be your getting a little bit of primary oil or motor oil on it from a little leak in that area
Easy things first, as mentioned, check for a loose drive belt.

tcrowelljr

I had the same problem with my 04 Chopper. New pulley fixed it.