Zoop Seal

Energy One

Oscar Maldonado

Guru
Calendar Participant
Anyone ever use this stuff?
Someone told me that it's pretty good stuff but I can't make myselg buy this stuff not knowing if it's any good.:confused:

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Lifetime Supporting Member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
Stilcrazee on HOTROD Biker has used it on his Vette wheels and says it does a great job. I'm going to have to get some too.

Oscar Maldonado

Guru
Calendar Participant
It's a sealer you put on polished aluminium and chrome. It's supposed to keep it from dulling out on you. Able to be cleaned with minimal effort. That's what I hear anyway.:confused:

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
All the guys on the Corvette forums like the Zoop stuff. I heard about Sharkhide there. It's the same stuff but used in the boating industry to seal aluminum boats from the elements so if it works against salt water then it must be pretty good!
http://sharkhidemarinesales.com/?page=about

Later,
Ray

P8RIOT

Calendar Participant
Given your luck (NOT!) with rainstorms, Ray, it sounds like you could be our number one tester! :D

And if KnotSo is still riding with you, he's a close second! :whoop:

bdmridgeback

Low Down Chop Shop
Stuff works awesome. I bought a new set of Polished 20" wheels for my Impala and used the Zoopseal on them befpre installing them on the car. Over two years after putting the wheels on the car and not touching them with polish, they looked just like NEW. However, you must have the parts polished PERFECT before using it because once you put it on, you can not use regular aluminum polish any longer on the metal. This stuff puts a thin micro layer of sealer on the aluminum to seal the pores from oxidation. It is very good stuff. I have also talked to many guys at car shows that used it on their street rods polished engine parts.

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
That would then eliminate most of the polishing on our parts then? A alternative to chrome???

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Lifetime Supporting Member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member

REMorris

OK Rider Shakey
So, has anybody actually used ZoopSeal?

I want an actual evaluation from somebody before I get it.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
So, has anybody actually used ZoopSeal?

I want an actual evaluation from somebody before I get it.
Go to the CorvetteForum and they talk alot about it good and bad. Come down to how much you expose your wheels to the elements. If your like some and never take it out of the garage they talk it up like it's gold but if you put 15,000 miles on your bike then it's not worth it.

:cheers: :D

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
I hear 2-3 years on a every day driven car. So on a bike... should be ALLOT more than that... especially if you have a "mod season" like us snow peeps.

I'm more than happy with my zoop sealant.