will not run I have a 04 Pitbull which ran fine then one day would not run. Is it the ECM THAT causes this. If so I need one all help appreciated. Tha

larrydawg

04 Pitbull running fine then just shutoff.Now will not run. Have read ECM is problematic. If so where can I get one, or have this one repaired.

fantomaz

Supporting Member
ECM is an absolute nightmare, I replaced mine twice then I tried running an "alternative" system. It never worked properly.

Ended up ditching the whole thing and replacing it by a minimalist "harley" style setup with a dyna ignition and the bike has been running flawlessly ever since....

larrydawg

ECM is an absolute nightmare, I replaced mine twice then I tried running an "alternative" system. It never worked properly.

Ended up ditching the whole thing and replacing it by a minimalist "harley" style setup with a dyna ignition and the bike has been running flawlessly ever since....
How much, how hard

Mikeinjersey

was running fine then died, no start, have put new battery in.
Welcome from NJ,
You have to be clear with what your symptoms are. When you say " won't start" do you mean it won't turn over or do you mean it's not starting. You need to troubleshoot like Heybaylor suggested. These files may help. One step at a time. :D

Attachments

Last edited:

fantomaz

Supporting Member
Not hard at all for a decent harley mechanic, depends how much "stuff" you need, I did a simple setup without speedo and indicators (basically I only have normal and high beam, starter, position and brake lights) and the whole thing costed something like 500 bucks including the programmable dyna ignition. For a bit more you can add turn signals speedo, tacho, oil pressure, neutral light etc but that probably means switching your hand controls and speedo for harley style stuff...

Lots of 2004 owners went that way.... IMO the bd electronics of that era are total junk...

Last edited:

larrydawg

Welcome from NJ,
You have to be clear with what your symptoms are. When you say " won't start" do you mean it won't turn over or do you mean it's not starting. You need to troubleshoot like Heybaylor suggested. This file may help. One step at a time. :D
Died and nothing.Installed new battery still no power

larrydawg

Not hard at all for a decent harley mechanic, depends how much "stuff" you need, I did a simple setup without speedo and indicators (basically I only have normal and high beam, starter, position and brake lights) and the whole thing costed something like 500 bucks including the programmable dyna ignition. For a bit more you can add turn signals speedo, tacho, oil pressure, neutral light etc but that probably means switching your hand controls and speedo for harley style stuff...

Lots of 2004 owners went that way.... IMO the bd electronics of that era are total junk...

Pops

Name of company please
I had my 06 Mastiff completely rewired to HD specs and used Performance Machine Controls.
Namz Custom Custom Cycles
Oreland, PA
It was many years ago so I don't remember the cost.....well worth it !
The owner is Jeff Zielinski....great guy !

Rottweiler

Supporting Member
I believe you need to do some trouble shooting first. Could be multiple things, bad key switch, bad wire, loose connection?? Or Bad EHC

Rottweiler

Supporting Member
Wild steed work has a drop in replacement EHC that is great. If that ends up being the problem.
619-823-8557