What Would You Do?

Energy One

TapioK

That's old stock, Lapua doesn't make ammo for the ak-47 anymore, at least not for the commercial market.

That's a sweet rifle but nothing says WW2 quality better than the Swiss made K31...
From 2019 Lapua catalogue...

Dispatch

From 2019 Lapua catalogue...
I don't want to get off the topic... but that's for reloading components, what companies got loaded cartridges in the box, fresh and new in stock that isn't old stock?

We've been discussing this for a while now (other forums), that they stopped for whatever reason, you couldn't get any unless you were willing to pay some private buyer who was selling it online at a premium.

Last edited:

Ernie12

I know, and you're right but I've been burnt before and I don't like that old sinking feeling telling you something isn't right about this.

Any bike I ever bought new before I traded it toward the new bike at the dealership I was buying it from, then made the difference up in cash right then and there, the 'out the door' price, then I took possession of the new bike.

The problem here is BD has no showroom or ready made bikes or even independent dealerships with BD bikes, this is where all the trouble originates from.

But the question here is this... 'what would you do' ?

Any other ideas that might make this work?

I guess BD is really just a custom builder now with its own brand. I was talking to a friend last night and he told me how he got burned by a house builder he hired. The guy was a well known builder so he put down 60k and the house got to 90% done when the builder went bankrupt. My friend lost it all. A couple of years later the same builder started a new construction company under a different name. So I guess its just a risk you have to be willing to take. If I had the money I would buy that Blue 2017 K9 in Utah at Addictive Behavior. But that's just me. Its been sitting there for a while so I bet they would be willing to deal. Good Luck

Blue metallic , just beautiful
2017K9.jpg BlueblackK92017.jpg

Last edited:

TapioK

I don't want to get off the topic... but that's for reloading components, what companies got loaded cartridges in the box, fresh and new in stock that isn't old stock?

We've been discussing this for a while now that they stopped for whatever reason, you couldn't get any unless you were willing to pay some private buyer who was selling it online at a premium.
Not to argue, but that table says cartridge, mentions bullet weight and velocity, sounds like whole cartridge?...
Anyway Lapua 7.65x39 ammo seems to be widely available in Finland. Didn’t see any mention of that not being produced anymore If not in US it must have something to do with it being a military caliber....
In 2013 Lapua said sales of 7.65x39 to US is increasing 10-15% a year...

Dispatch

Not to argue, but that table says cartridge, mentions bullet weight and velocity, sounds like whole cartridge?...
Anyway Lapua 7.65x39 ammo seems to be widely available in Finland. Didn’t see any mention of that not being produced anymore If not in US it must have something to do with it being a military caliber....
In 2013 Lapua said sales of 7.65x39 to US is increasing 10-15% a year...
I hope you're right, I've been wanting to get a hold of a ton of that stuff for a while now but then so has a lot of people I know, the only way I know to do that is as I mentioned, pay someone who has a small supply, but wants 'bucks' for it.

If it is being made again, it must be a recent thing, that brand is 'the' best ammo you can buy and the cleanest there is.

I still don't see any commercially big retailers like ammo.com, cheaper than dirt, etc. with fresh new stock.

I'll shoot them an email and see what they say.

Last edited:

Dispatch

I guess BD is really just a custom builder now with its own brand. I was talking to a friend last night and he told me how he got burned by a house builder he hired. The guy was a well known builder so he put down 60k and the house got to 90% done when the builder went bankrupt. My friend lost it all. A couple of years later the same builder started a new construction company under a different name. So I guess its just a risk you have to be willing to take. If I had the money I would buy that Blue 2017 K9 in Utah at Addictive Behavior. But that's just me. Its been sitting there for a while so I bet they would be willing to deal. Good Luck

Blue metallic , just beautiful
View attachment 64673 View attachment 64671
That's a beautiful bike but it's 2 1/2 years old and has 600 miles on it, there's no way they can justify that price($37,520.00).

And 600 miles means it's probably got some flaws in the paint and finish.

It's true value is what your insurance company will give you if you total it or it gets stolen.

At that price you can get a new 2019 with your own customization.

I think that is the reason its not selling.

Last edited:

TapioK

That's a beautiful bike but it's 2 years old and has 600 miles on it, there's no way they can justify that price($37,520.00).

It's true value is what your insurance company will give you if you total it or it gets stolen.

At that price you can get a new 2019 with your own customization.

That is the reason its not selling.
Make an lowball offer and see what happens...

Dispatch

Make an lowball offer and see what happens...
Low? I'd offer them what they are going for on Cycle Trader and etc., 'about', maybe even less than half that asking price.

Also, buying anything sight unseen is even more risky.

They'd never go for it, a private buyer might, they would be more motivated to get rid of it because its been sitting for years but a retail shop will keep it until the cows come home.

And you know that dealer didn't pay anywhere near that much when he bought it from the seller...

Last edited:

TapioK

Offer them 20k and see what happens, what do you lose? If they accept you get exactly the same bike as 2019 model... and save some dough.

LHS

Supporting Member
D777C7F5-5E5C-4D17-B822-B79210E8ED6F.jpeg Was it like this one Tapio this is My Parkerize military 1911 I also have it in a stainless gold cup addition.

Dispatch

Offer them 20k and see what happens, what do you lose? If they accept you get exactly the same bike as 2019 model... and save some dough.
But the thing is it most likely isn't worth 20k, you'd have to get the VIN number and see what your insurance company will give you if it were totaled out.

That's its true worth and value.

The owner/dealer should consider this, what's something worth that nobody wants to buy?

Ernie12

But the thing is it most likely isn't worth 20k, you'd have to get the VIN number and see what your insurance company will give you if it were totaled out.

The owner/dealer should consider this, what's something worth that nobody wants to buy?
Seems you have your mind made up.

TapioK

If you figure a new Dog loses like 50% out of door, that is depending the price 18-20.000.
If 20.000 bike loses the same, -wich would be way too much- that would be 10.000. You save 8-10.000. And I would buy the bike for 12.000 the next day, so youll lose 6-8.000.
Is that correct?
Even cheaper for you would be just sending me 5.000 check tomorrow morning for consultation .

Dispatch

If you figure a new Dog loses like 50% out of door, that is depending the price 18-20.000.
If 20.000 bike loses the same, -wich would be way too much- that would be 10.000. You save 8-10.000. And I would buy the bike for 12.000 the next day, so youll lose 6-8.000.
Is that correct?
Even cheaper for you would be just sending me 5.000 check tomorrow morning for consultation .
You take Visa?

I'm willing to bet you $100 that dealer wouldn't consider any offers below 30k...