What type of Exhaust for BIG DOGs you use in Europe for the technical Inspections?

Energy One
Hello i have a BD Mastiff 250 rear tire from 2006 i am trying to chose an exhaust to pass the technical Inspections in europe, do you use de original exhaust? Or do you use an harley-davison exhaust and what type of HD model it is?

Best regards.

Michael A

Hi,
In Germany you can only use a Penzl witch is legalized with Pitbull. Maybe the TÜV or DEKRA will give their OK for a Bulldog too. It’s a 2in1.
Regards

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I was thinking that the original is legalized for 80db in America if the exhaust passed the European test I think that was OK to use I think, I saw people using harley exhaust.

Michael A

I was thinking that the original is legalized for 80db in America if the exhaust passed the European test I think that was OK to use I think, I saw people using harley exhaust.
You need a stamp „e3“ for example to be save with police, the db has to be ok too for sure. But the authority want a legal exhaust legalised on this specific BD. Only Penzl has done it for K9 and Pitbull! All the other company’s did. it only for HD.

You need a stamp „e3“ for example to be save with police, the db has to be ok too for sure. But the authority want a legal exhaust legalised on this specific BD. Only Penzl has done it for K9 and Pitbull! All the other company’s did. it only for HD.

i'm thinking to buy mcj adjustable exhausts they are for harley but are E-Approved E3 and road legal i saw many people roking original HD exhausts if they pass the sound test they will be legalized with the motorcycle file with the parts number exhaust. There isn't a company that have a exhaust for my model Mastiff.

Michael A

i'm thinking to buy mcj adjustable exhausts they are for harley but are E-Approved E3 and road legal i saw many people roking original HD exhausts if they pass the sound test they will be legalized with the motorcycle file with the parts number exhaust. There isn't a company that have a exhaust for my model Mastiff.
You‘re right - not for mastiff. You can try a single-vehicle-approval. I‘ve done it successfully for an BSL - Exhaust 3 year ago at the DEKRA. The TÜV wasn‘t cooperative;)

mleach72

Our friend from Holland @Milco bought a set of stock BD head pipes, then installed Penzi mufflers that adjust the baffle with a cable. If you can't find a set of used head pipes, you could buy a set of mean mothers from HDM for the head pipes, then install the Penzis. This would be expensive, but a solution.