what kind of clutch should i buy?

Dimentia

My dealership has told I need to upgrade my clutch since it keeps slipping when i ride hard. Anyone have any suggestions on a good performance clutch?

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
My dealership has told I need to upgrade my clutch since it keeps slipping when i ride hard. Anyone have any suggestions on a good performance clutch?
What kind of riding style do you do???? Maybe just s simple clutch adjustment!
I ONLY have about 50,000 miles on my bike with the original clutch and it's done every thing I've asked of it.
Sounds like you dealer is trying to get you to spend some cash..... $$$$$

narow37

Angry Southern White Man
I may be wrong on this but I think you can put stronger springs on the clutch pack as well but I would look into clutch adjustment like Ray said

ajo771

Stock clutch shouldnt be slipping if you didnt mod the engine. Sounds like warranty work to me.

txchopperguy

Seriously? Do you have any mod's to your engine? Because unless there is a problem there you should not need another clutch. Your clutch was designed to withstand all the power your motor can produce.

Makes me wonder about this dealer...

lee

I think I'm with Ray and TX on this - definitely check the adjustment first - unless you just want to upgrade then go for the bandit

dogvet

Banned
Have your dealer check your clutch diaphragm spring attitude (dome height)
It should be in the .010"-.040" range (installed). I had a customer bike that was doing that and the clutch adjustments were in spec. Spring attitude was out to .090". Checked the clutch plates for warpage and they were good. Pressure plate had quite a bit of wear so I added steel plates next to the center steel plate to bring the spring attitude back into spec and since the bike needed new rubber on the back we took the bike out and lit it up till the tire blew.

Much cheaper than a new clutch!

Problem solved.:2thumbs:

Staffy

AM I missing something here?????? YOU HAVE A 2YR WARRANTY - YOU PAID FOR IT - NOW USE IT...

johnny2

proud owner of a bandit it holds and I can pull the lever again I go ALLOT of crap about cleaning and lubing mu cables and the bandit was the cure to the harsh pull that I ended up with because of power up-grades

titus722

iam with the other guys,if you dont have any major mods, it should be warranty,, i ride mine farly hard at times with no problems,,,

V

Guru
My 05 Pit slipped a few times when new and although it may have needed to be adjusted the dealer installed a slightly heavier spring and it was all covered by warranty.

V