V&H 2/1 2007 Mastiff

DannyViper

Supporting Member
Got run over a couple of weeks ago. My insurance company will not total the bike, but fix it. I really love the 2 in 1 wide radius from V&H. Since that one is discontinued does anyone have a suggestion for a similar one that will follow the lines of the bike?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pknowles

semi-retired...---... GURU C7Z06...---...
Lifetime Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Dont know about the pipes but looka like you got lucky on the fall

1 B.M.F.

Wow. I hope you weren’t hurt in that. The first pix looked like you were still on that bike when it was hit. It didn’t look good. Any pictures of it after and who is your insurance? That doesn’t look good.

SKOGDOG

One of the old ones.
I’ve seen V&H 2 into 1 apparently destroyed by sliding down the highway. Turned out all that was needed was to replace the heat shields. Be sure the pipes themselves are crushed or bent up before discarding.

awg

Same thing happened to me a while back. Was hit from behind, car went over the bike also. The person that hit me had Geico Insurance. They to didn't total the bike until they seen how expensive the parts would cost to fix it. So they gave me what the bike was worth at the time. Glad you didn't end up in the hospital.

mjsk9

chubs

Guru
Got run over a couple of weeks ago. My insurance company will not total the bike, but fix it. I really love the 2 in 1 wide radius from V&H. Since that one is discontinued does anyone have a suggestion for a similar one that will follow the lines of the bike?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sorry about the bike, but the most important thing is the fact that you weren't "totaled"!

DannyViper

Supporting Member
I too am curious which insurance company did not total it based on the pictures? My 2006 K9 was totaled and I rode it home 90 miles immediately following the accident......

https://www.bigdogbiker.com/threads/2006-big-dog-k9-project-bike.85450/
Well I live in Norway and Big Dogs are hard to find over here. I can get a hold of a 07 Mastiff from Germany but that will be around USD 35 000,- with customs and import taxes. That is USD 10 000,- more than getting the parts from bigdogpartskingpin, new paint job etc etc. After Mr. Trump took office we have gotten a 25% penalty tax on import of used bikes from the US due to Mr. Trump putting extra tax on steel from Europe.

DannyViper

Supporting Member
Wow. I hope you weren’t hurt in that. The first pix looked like you were still on that bike when it was hit. It didn’t look good. Any pictures of it after and who is your insurance? That doesn’t look good.
It was slow moving traffic that stopped - the lady on the phone behind me did not stop. I got pushed up on the tank and over on the right side. Crawled out from under the car and lit up a cigarette. She was still on the phone. Firefighters lifted the car of the bike, I raised it up, started it and drove it on the trailer that was called to pick it up. Have some videos but not photos

Attachments

mjsk9

Well I live in Norway and Big Dogs are hard to find over here. I can get a hold of a 07 Mastiff from Germany but that will be around USD 35 000,- with customs and import taxes. That is USD 10 000,- more than getting the parts from bigdogpartskingpin, new paint job etc etc. After Mr. Trump took office we have gotten a 25% penalty tax on import of used bikes from the US due to Mr. Trump putting extra tax on steel from Europe.
Got it! Makes sense. Glad you are OK and best of luck getting it back to as good as new!