Torque Cones

Nཛ͢ཀཇཧ༏ཧי

... .... .- .. -.
Supporting Member
I have a few friends that ride those other bikes. Well, it seems they all believe in Torque cones.
I'm wondering if they will help the performance of the S&S 117.
It seems counter intuitive to me. I would think that creating a restriction in the exhaust would actually hurt performance. image.jpeg

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
I have a few friends that ride those other bikes. Well, it seems they all believe in Torque cones.
I'm wondering if they will help the performance of the S&S 117.
It seems counter intuitive to me. I would think that creating a restriction in the exhaust would actually hurt performance. View attachment 33036
Might help if you don't have baffles ...otherwise they don't work. No offense to your buddies

Here is RB racing opinion on torque cones. And these guys know a thing or two about exhausts.

Torque Cones are most often found hiding in some "master builder's" wazoo custom pipes. Usually full of soot due to poor fuel control they are an attempt to get the carb to work with the outsized, swoopy fat front primary tubes, usually big radius copies of somebody's work. These kill power and should be thrown away if you put a decent exhaust system on the engine. Too much TV.
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/exhausttech.htm

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
I tried torque cones on my first bike -- ran them a couple of weeks and took them out.
No real difference.
If the bikes tuned right its tuned right and no need for these "magic pieces".

Alexey

Any obstruction in the exhaust need to improve the resistance. If to explain very roughly, if a little enters, the little coming out. If little comes in and coming out a lot, it turns out lean mixture. Heating, shots. If a lot enters, and a little coming out, the bad filling of the cylinder, a rich mixture. Black smoke, was going bad. All of these limiter (intake, exhaust) are necessary for optimal settings and ecology.
Look what your jets, look at if there is restrictor Intake. This will help you understand. I think it is necessary to remove all the restraints and adjust the carburetor.
More I can not explain. difficulties of translation, Sorry.

Nཛ͢ཀཇཧ༏ཧי

... .... .- .. -.
Supporting Member
Any obstruction in the exhaust need to improve the resistance. If to explain very roughly, if a little enters, the little coming out. If little comes in and coming out a lot, it turns out lean mixture. Heating, shots. If a lot enters, and a little coming out, the bad filling of the cylinder, a rich mixture. Black smoke, was going bad. All of these limiter (intake, exhaust) are necessary for optimal settings and ecology.
Look what your jets, look at if there is restrictor Intake. This will help you understand. I think it is necessary to remove all the restraints and adjust the carburetor.
More I can not explain. difficulties of translation, Sorry.
Sven, is that you?

TapioK

What is Sven? I'm Alex from Russia! Look at the profile page.
Heheheee, Sven is a member who likes to drive people nuts with his way of writing and with his theories nobody understands. Come to think about it, he has been behaving worryingly well lately!
So that was a joke

Tapio

Alexey

Humorist. It's hard to understand, but it works like. If there was a question I am ready to explain it. But due to the translation I can explain the principle. Next need to understand yourself. Although personal correspondence I am ready to try to explain more.