Swing arm spacers and adjustment 05 Chopper

isben22

I have an 05 BDM chopper that I am building from the ground. I am putting the swingarm back and the spacers do not seem right. I have a service manual for it but nowhere in the SM does it cover the swingarm (it also may be that my download of the SM was not complete). I have two spacers each a different size, and the fatty goes on the left side of the bike. BUT there is still about a 1/16 or 1/8 inch gap and the bolds seem to be grounding. I DID NOT put torque to it, and wanted to check my resources first. Is this a case of tighten it down (anyone know where the torque specs are at for this if that is the case?) and or do I just take up the slack. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Rick

Mr. Wright

Guru
Lifetime Supporting Member
Supporting Member
The spacers should screw on the shaft to adjust the length of the shaft

isben22

Read posts out of order, my swing arm axel has a screw fitting to take the slack out of the axel. There are still 2x 1/2 -3/4 inch gaps between the swing arm and chassis. Due to the offset for the drive belt (right side) I guessed that the larger of the two spacers goes on the left side. Some more shots. I am hoping I am making a beginners mistake.

Attachments