SAS-99 Simplified Air Suspension ?

hoat

If you get the wiring iagram you may even be able to link it up to the stock bdm controls. The BDM one works well.

slowrower

2007 Mastiff
I would be interested BDChop to hear how well it works and how you installed it like what other parts did you have to buy, can it be integrated into the BDM controller so it works like the BDM air setup. Be nice to get a response from someone that rode for a bit with no air, them added air. That system does look clean and easy to install. :up:

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Lifetime Supporting Member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
That is a sweet set-up.

kickstart

There was a thread a while back saying that the all in one units were not the way to go because of replacement costs where the BD had seperate components which made repairs cheaper and pluged into the existing system.

05chop

YeaI like the idea that you can wire into your bdm harness.I looked over at club chopper for more info and got lost looking.:eek: 05chop

05chop

Yes most kits i have looked at do.Some hang down like the legends.Never have seen one on a bigdog except for the oem.05chop :cheers:

hoat

Here are some shots of my air ride the first one is showing you the gage

lowered I can get my little half inch finger in there

Raised that is 1 1/8 inch socket plus about 1/4

last is the best I could do to get some of the compressor shots in there

when you take the shocks off of the bike you are supposed to let the wheel travel the full range of motion and make sure that you are hitting the bump stops if it hits something else then install the supplied spacers for the bump stops. I did put the spacers in anyway!!!

pic of the shocks and the fittings that need to be removed and re tightened before installation or they will leak

05chop

Hoat the spacers your talking about do they go behind the bump stops?Does the air shock bleed down after setting for a while?

hoat

Yeah the spacers go behind the bump stops and the unit does not blead down that much maybe 5 psi a week but I am usually out there more often

I have been looking for air suspension kit for my o6 k9. what kit do you have and what are the best one out there for big dog? HOAT....I like your gauge set up for the air suspension. :cheers:

leandean99

SINISTER DOG
did u ever find an air suspension kit for your 06 k-9? didnt look like anyone answered your question on a kit. thanks

pknowles

semi-retired...---... GURU C7Z06...---...
Lifetime Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Do yourself a favor. Upgrade the fittings before you do the install