S & S IST Ignition

Little-Boo

Troop Supporter
For those that are not familiar with the S&S IST ignition, it automatically creates a custom timing curve for your motor. This is based on the addition of an Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor, cylinder temperature sensor, knock (ping) sensor and replacement crank sensor. It can change your timing from 26-50 degrees per my tech but will only advance as far as the knock sensor allows. This should give you better performance and mileage. Another nice feature is that if you are stuck someplace where you cannot get premium fuel it will adjust your timing curve to compensate. What it cannot do is adjust your air/fuel ratio. So if your jetting is not right it may try to adjust itself into some kind of a performance reducing mode. Another drawback is the price for parts is around $800. On the other hand I don’t think you will find a better ignition system for a carbureted bike anywhere.

S&S IST ignition - PN 55-1221 $355.95

S&S 4 1/8" bore SSW+ installation kit - PN 55-1050 $272.95

S&S Single Fire coil - PN 55-1571 $139.00

Might be able to use the stock coil but I didn't try it.

I don't have the Coil because I use the two coil set up and I never did order the S&S Single fire coil.
I was going to install this on my 2006 Mastiff years ago but never did and now I don't use the dog to much since the wife like to ride on the Tri-Glide with Radio and all that shit. The Few times I ride the dog I go solo and come home solo :oldlaugh: but have to answer where I went, why I went and who did I see and you guys know the drill.

I have the complete set up other then the coil for sale for $500.00 shipped. If no one is interested I am going to put it on E-gay next week.

Solo Carlos :chopper:

Carlos :oldsmile:

Last edited:

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
I wish I had the money, or didn't just install the programmable thunderheart. Damn@ great deal Carlos.

I have nobody to answer to except the bank when I spend money but its been flying out my door a little too much lately. Someone hopefully get a good deal.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Sven

Ah, a 'learn processor.' So it averages the pings. No pings, no DTT to retard. The continuous 'Trigger-Threshold-Discharge' and who is disrupting the curve? Vacuum (X) triggers another curve to remain in (Y) w/rpm, the flip-flop goes to ground, where are you in rpm/vac to set the curve? Z is the ping = SET CURVE. Within thousands of flips to ground before a second ends, the knock triggers the change, the flip flops to retard, you made 1 revolution and the trigger changed within that one spin to retard... depending on how fast that triggers in processing speed, you hear a few pings and it ends. Less pings, the faster the processor can calc, right?

This goes right back to the VOES as to how knock enters the picture. So, remove the VOES, ign runs 10° to 55° in 'method' you lose analog. Keep the VOES in play, the curve is 10-40-55°. So if there is a DTT about to happen @ 55°, I'm going to assume this 'learns' to default to 40° and DTT's back to 55° within a half second or less... depending on the speed of the motherboard parts.

The key is DTToiletraining LOL

chubs

Guru
Ah, a 'learn processor.' So it averages the pings. No pings, no DTT to retard. The continuous 'Trigger-Threshold-Discharge' and who is disrupting the curve? Vacuum (X) triggers another curve to remain in (Y) w/rpm, the flip-flop goes to ground, where are you in rpm/vac to set the curve? Z is the ping = SET CURVE. Within thousands of flips to ground before a second ends, the knock triggers the change, the flip flops to retard, you made 1 revolution and the trigger changed within that one spin to retard... depending on how fast that triggers in processing speed, you hear a few pings and it ends. Less pings, the faster the processor can calc, right?

This goes right back to the VOES as to how knock enters the picture. So, remove the VOES, ign runs 10° to 55° in 'method' you lose analog. Keep the VOES in play, the curve is 10-40-55°. So if there is a DTT about to happen @ 55°, I'm going to assume this 'learns' to default to 40° and DTT's back to 55° within a half second or less... depending on the speed of the motherboard parts.

The key is DTToiletraining LOL
01000010 01110101 01101100 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01110100 00100001

RCAdd1ct

JAFO
Ok guys I think I am out. Too much to do a carb conversion on my SG.

I will say that I swapped one in on my AIH before I sold it.

It was the first time I rode it that the bars did not put my hands to sleep.

I only Rode it for about 200 miles, but I can tell you it fired up first try and seemed to get smoother as I rode it.

So I cannot speak of longtime reliability, but I can saw I was impressed.

Good luck with the sale.

Little-Boo

Troop Supporter
So, did ya ever sell it Carlos?:oldconfused: Wish I had the money, sound bad ass to me!:old2:

I am going to put it on e-gay Monday or so next week, I need to take a few pictures. Too busy right now smoking some ribs, brisket and a few pieces of chicken for the dog. I know that is not right but I do take the bone out and he chows down like no tomorrow.

Carlos :oldlaugh:

Last edited: