Removing dried slime from inside wheel

jarnett

Dealing with this. Anyone got any tips? Plan right now is simple green and scotch pads.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Sven

In a big pan so the rim fits, add vinegar, salt and baking soda. Fill high enough so the rim's inner side is submerged, then with scotch-brite clean that fucker as you spin it to keep it wet. Rinse with fresh water. Clean the walls of rubber/chem so there is a fresh bite of the rubber to rim.

jarnett

Tried pretty much every solvent I could find along with a scotch brite. acetone, goo gone, simple clean, vinegar, alcohol. Even tried warming it up with a heat gun nothing worked very well.

So I went scorched earth with a SS wire wheel and a drill. I realize it's not the safest method but hell it worked and the only real damage I see is pitted areas from the slime.

So this is what slime does to the inside of an aluminum wheel after its in there a while. I'll never use it again unless it's an apocalypse style emergency.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Way back in the day I had a business where we sold tire sealants. Slime was one of the ones we tested and it is very corrosive to aluminum.