Relocated License Plate Bracket

Energy One

Sierramadre

I didn't like the look of the clunky side license plate holder on my Wolf (or banging my ankle against it every day or two). This year's winter project was to relocate it and make it vertical. Here's a couple pix.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
What license plate? I don't see a relocated license plate. :roll::roll::roll:

Just kidding. It looks good. :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't like the look of the clunky side license plate holder on my Wolf (or banging my ankle against it every day or two). This year's winter project was to relocate it and make it vertical. Here's a couple pix.
Did you fab that or did you buy it? Looks good, wouldn't mind doing that my damn self.

Sierramadre

I like that a lot. I am planning this mod as well.

Did you fab the mount, or is this an existing one. How about the plate frame? I like that as well.

I was considering the bikers choice because there are no exposed fasteners.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Have to give credit where credit is due. Dave, the service manager at Dick Scott Motorcycles did the whole thing. Told him what I wanted and he came up with a plan and did all the fabrication. He removed the swing arm and then ground off the existing license plate bracket. He found a curved, vertical, license plate bracket that attached to the rear axle-I think it was a Victory part. Modified it to make it fit, made a spacer for the axle, hooked up the light, had the swing arm chromed, and we we were in business.

Jwooky

I think I'm gona have to talk to Dave. looks incredibe. I have trying to plan something very similar. Not sure if I want to mount to swing arm or the axel.

Love the chrome swing arm.

Anyone have problems in the area with the vertical plate?

BTW where are you located? Im assuming your a metro Detroiter too.

Sierramadre

I think I'm gona have to talk to Dave. looks incredibe. I have trying to plan something very similar. Not sure if I want to mount to swing arm or the axel.

Love the chrome swing arm.

Anyone have problems in the area with the vertical plate?

BTW where are you located? Im assuming your a metro Detroiter too.
I live in Livonia. Apparently, vertical license plates are illegal in Michigan so we'll see what kind of grief I get.