Rear tire

Energy One
I’m planning on riding my k9 to sturgis. I bought it in April and its been in the shop since working out some issues. I’m getting it Thursday. It’s 1400 miles one way. It has the metzler on it. Should I be concerned about it making it there and back

HMAN

I just like my Freedom
How old are the tires? Running 1400 miles ya MAY run into an issue, ya may not. That goes for anything on wheels. However, you got this place to help ya out. There are members in almost if not all states. If ya run into a problem, shout it out and someone may be close to where you are.

How old are the tires? Running 1400 miles ya MAY run into an issue, ya may not. That goes for anything on wheels. However, you got this place to help ya out. There are members in almost if not all states. If ya run into a problem, shout it out and someone may be close to where you are.
I honestly don’t know. The tag on the bike was expired in 18 so it’s probably safe to say 3 years or older. Almost full tread. I had the clutch repaired new bearings seals gaskets put in the transmission. Since the trade looked good I didn’t even think about the age of the tire. I’m guessing if the tires are new I wouldn’t have an issue

Mickmorris

Supporting Member
Tough call on that. Check really good around the rim area for cracking/dry rot. If that looks good. You should be fine. Have a great time in Sturgis!! :cheers: :chopper:

HA Y N

I ran the Metzler, only was able to get a few thousand miles before I noticed the side wall cracks, I contacted Metzler got some run around but in the end was able to return my tire through the vendor I purchased the tire from. I ended up getting back more than I spent on the original tire! they reimburse even the shipping cost. It's like when I asked them about born on dates! they knew there is a problem.

Shinko's are the way to go!

HA Y N

Mileage is nothing, just ensure it’s not all dry rotted.
I'm sure when buying a tire for our dogs most of us want the most mileage possible, Avon's use to be good for at least 10,000plus miles, Shinko's seem to be fending well. But I agree we don't expect a tire to have pre-mature dry rotte! everyone with Metzlers please check your tires.