Question about new Rear Struts

firedog

Bryan
Hello all,

I'm looking to put new "blind" ( bolts from the inside for a smooth finish) Struts on my 2000 Bulldog. I need 11" frame to 8.5 " fender. Does any one know if stock Harley softail (86-99) struts hit these measurements? I'm looking at these on Ebay..

CHROME SMOOTH REAR FENDER STRUTS FOR HARLEY
SOFTAIL 86-99. MOUNTING BOLTS INSTALL FROM INSIDE FENDER WELL.

eBay Motors: CHROME SMOOTH REAR FENDER STRUTS 4 HARLEY SOFTAIL 86-99 (item 140238086297 end time Jun-11-08 23:30:16 PDT)

Thanks all
Bryan http://www.bigdogbiker.com/forums/images/smilies/24.gif
:cheers:

firedog

Bryan
I figured this one out with the assistance of 2 employees with bdm. The 2001 mastiff and wolf came with the stuts I mentioned. I bought a set. These struts are specific from daytec, so HD softails struts prob won't work. Just thought I would share this with the group.

Bryan

CALJAMR

Post up some pics.

I've got a 2001 Husky and i want to put a small sissy bar and looking for some info.

firedog

Bryan
No pics yet this is a full blown repaint including frame. I will tell you that you this much on a sissy bar...
Measure rear fender width.. Should be 8.5" or 9"....Then you can find a sissy bar from Daytec.
Sissy Bars

firedog

Bryan
Also, you won't get a pad from Daytec. You'll have to have one made. If you want to buy used, I have one for a 9" rear fender with a pad I had made. I can send you pics.

CALJAMR

Also, you won't get a pad from Daytec. You'll have to have one made. If you want to buy used, I have one for a 9" rear fender with a pad I had made. I can send you pics.
I'll have to measure and see what i'm looking at. I like what's on BDM's website but i heard they don't fit the old dogs. I'll have to check.