PROBLEM WITH 3-4 SPEED NOISY right hand hidro

zikyzalzman

HELLO
I HAVE in my IRONHORSE SLAMMER 1995 A PROBLEM WITH 3-4 SPEED NOISY WHAT THE BEST solution do you suggest to stay with the original iron horse and renew or go to anather transmission
thank you
can you give me name+price
again thank you
ziky

Mr. Wright

Guru
Supporting Member
I don't know much about the Iron Ponies, but I'm assuming it has a Jim's style trany in it. I'm not hearing any bad things about the Ultima transmissions. Several of the guys are running them in their Dogs.

knothead

RIGID4LIFE
Supporting Member
I cant remember off the top of my head what trans came on the iron horse....i rebuilt one several several years ago but i cant remember for the life of me what it was....i do remember it was a 04 bike tho lol....so i dont know if your year model would have the same trans or not

But yeah like Mr.Wright said there is several of us running ultima lsd transmissions....i have installed 2 of them and put one on one my bikes....i love it so far.....i paid 801.12 shipped to my door for the ultima natural finish cases lsd....like i said i have no complaints so far

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
I cant remember off the top of my head what trans came on the iron horse....i rebuilt one several several years ago but i cant remember for the life of me what it was....i do remember it was a 04 bike tho lol....so i dont know if your year model would have the same trans or not

But yeah like Mr.Wright said there is several of us running ultima lsd transmissions....i have installed 2 of them and put one on one my bikes....i love it so far.....i paid 801.12 shipped to my door for the ultima natural finish cases lsd....like i said i have no complaints so far
Most likely on his bike he has the Roadmax transmission which parts are near impossible to find, the earlier AIH had Jims. Ultima would probably be the best replacement for his buck.

knothead

RIGID4LIFE
Supporting Member
Most likely on his bike he has the Roadmax transmission which parts are near impossible to find, the earlier AIH had Jims. Ultima would probably be the best replacement for his buck.
Thats right roadmax....i couldn't remember what it was and kinda to lazy to goggle it lol.....oh yeah most definitely ultima be the best bang for the buck..