Paint Saver damage fixed!

Energy One

King Lear

Supporting Member
So I was going to get a new paint job but decided my HVAC was more important, lol. MR. Wright made me this paint saver to cover up the damage that was done from the Carlini paint saver. Here are before and after pics! Thank you Mr. Wright

Attachments

King Lear

Supporting Member
Oh boy! Nice job.I still need to install mine.
Did you follow Mr. Wrights' instructions?
Yes I did and it turned out great, it almost didn't because I thought I had all the old adhesive out of the threads, I didn't! So I had to dig out the old adhesive after I already applied the new stuff, so I would make sure and mock up everything tight before you apply the RTV. I then let mine set and cure for 3 days before putting it back on the bike.

Mickmorris

mick
Supporting Member
Yes I did and it turned out great, it almost didn't because I thought I had all the old adhesive out of the threads, I didn't! So I had to dig out the old adhesive after I already applied the new stuff, so I would make sure and mock up everything tight before you apply the RTV. I then let mine set and cure for 3 days before putting it back on the bike.
That looks great! Awesome job to everyone involved!

Fourbar

Supporting Member
What is involved installing one of these? My tank is in need of protection! Do you need the tool? I see a "left" gas cap on ebay also... ???