New tubes with new sliders?

Energy One

jarnett

So I'm getting a set of updated fork sliders for my 03 chopper. Switching to the chrome 05 and up sliders. Eric at HDM put together a nice deal for me I could not refuse lol. Question is what about the tubes should I swap those out as well? Would an internals rebuild kit be just as good? My tubes look to be in good shape from the outside haven't pulled them yet. Anything I should look at specifically? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
So I'm getting a set of updated fork sliders for my 03 chopper. Switching to the chrome 05 and up sliders. Eric at HDM put together a nice deal for me I could not refuse lol. Question is what about the tubes should I swap those out as well? Would an internals rebuild kit be just as good? My tubes look to be in good shape from the outside haven't pulled them yet. Anything I should look at specifically? Thanks

You should look for wear on the bushing and seal area....it will be noticeable if the chrome is coming off the fork tubes....if there is wear you might as well change them out

jarnett

Yeah after thinking about I'm just getting the tubes everything else will be new I'd rather have even wear. If they old tubes look good maybe I'll throw them up on swap meet or something for a good price