New Big Dog Shocks

Energy One

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
great video, and thank you Curtis for getting this problem of replacement shocks sorted out, even with all the other crap that was being said.

Just trying to do our part to keep the brand alive.
We have done a number of them now and we are still learning but so far folks are happy.
With the help of Jersey Mike we are working through the one minor issue with the Fournales shocks but it takes time for us here at WSW as we are way under staffed and way under capitalized...lol.

great video, and thank you Curtis for getting this problem of replacement shocks sorted out, even with all the other crap that was being said.
At the risk of being reprimanded or banned it is sad to see that a small group has moved on to other forums to continue trying to defame anything we at WSW are doing, and in many cases those even talking about us or recommending us, for the BD community. But I would like to tell everyone here the following:

It is true I am not a schooled engineer, machinist or mechanic of any kind. Everything I know and have learned has been either gained through others that have come before me and been open minded enough and intelligent enough to graciously pass their knowledge to me or through my own hard studying, learning and refining. I approach nothing with a hap hazard attitude and in fact there are many projects I have put aside simply because the skill and knowledge needed to do it correctly, is as of yet, not readily available to me. However, one can be assured that if I sell a product I have in fact done my homework, know the product and stand behind it. I don't sell or recommend things with scare tactics, by parroting a negative narrative that I just have happened to hear somewhere else or just through some weird need to fulfill my own bloated ego. We provide facts and information so the customer can then make their own decision. Should we discover that a product has issues and we cannot resolve the issues we move away from that product. We don't spend our time dwelling on negativity or slamming others products in an effort to convince someone to buy ours. It is just not in our nature. I will show folks what it is we are actually doing and in many cases how we are doing it, if necessary, although I will not share information that we have spent time and money to gather and perfect in order to bring a product to market. Our current shock projects, both the chrome narrow body and the Fournales Pan-Euro, is a good example. Neither project is being pursued with back yard handyman skills. I am communicating and working with certified engineers both inside and outside the companies selling the products that we are working towards enabling owners to install themselves and any changes we are making are being approved through the appropriate channels. And yet other places where Bob Schwartz is posting the video about his shock replacement is being assaulted by a few individuals who know nothing about what there talking about and even more importantly know nothing about what was involved to get to the point we were at in that video. We are not making claims that are not being openly shown and demonstrated as the information becomes available. What I find most interesting is that those who have far less experience, and in some cases zero experience, related to the projects that I and the people I am working with have think it is their First Amendment Right or some craziness such as that to spread lies and false statements every chance they get. News flash, making false misleading statements in order to harm a business is a crime people.
We are motivated here at WSW by our Passion for Big Dogs and customer service first everything else is second. If you don't like us that is fine were grown men and we know not everyone will. We also know that there will be times that no matter what we do the person we are working with is not going to be happy or like us. It's business it happens, but please do yourself and everyone else a huge favor "Get a life and move on".

Having said all of the above I am now going to ask the question, again at the risk of being banned, shamed or anything else.

Someone explain to me how you can fit a square peg in a round hole????

Ahhhhh......you thought I was going to ask something else didn't you.
Nope I am past all that. I know how it is being done and if someone produces the appropriate simulation information, and I don't mean "see I have blah blah miles and nothing has happened yet", to prove that it does not put the rest of the frame, let alone the primary and transmission etc, at risk I will gladly step back and tip my hat and move along but until then:oldnono::oldnono::oldnono:.

Juz Sayin.........

41bigdawg

Let the Big Dawg eat !
Supporting Member
At the risk of being reprimanded or banned it is sad to see that a small group has moved on to other forums to continue trying to defame anything we at WSW are doing, and in many cases those even talking about us or recommending us, for the BD community. But I would like to tell everyone here the following:

It is true I am not a schooled engineer, machinist or mechanic of any kind. Everything I know and have learned has been either gained through others that have come before me and been open minded enough and intelligent enough to graciously pass their knowledge to me or through my own hard studying, learning and refining. I approach nothing with a hap hazard attitude and in fact there are many projects I have put aside simply because the skill and knowledge needed to do it correctly, is as of yet, not readily available to me. However, one can be assured that if I sell a product I have in fact done my homework, know the product and stand behind it. I don't sell or recommend things with scare tactics, by parroting a negative narrative that I just have happened to hear somewhere else or just through some weird need to fulfill my own bloated ego. We provide facts and information so the customer can then make their own decision. Should we discover that a product has issues and we cannot resolve the issues we move away from that product. We don't spend our time dwelling on negativity or slamming others products in an effort to convince someone to buy ours. It is just not in our nature. I will show folks what it is we are actually doing and in many cases how we are doing it, if necessary, although I will not share information that we have spent time and money to gather and perfect in order to bring a product to market. Our current shock projects, both the chrome narrow body and the Fournales Pan-Euro, is a good example. Neither project is being pursued with back yard handyman skills. I am communicating and working with certified engineers both inside and outside the companies selling the products that we are working towards enabling owners to install themselves and any changes we are making are being approved through the appropriate channels. And yet other places where Bob Schwartz is posting the video about his shock replacement is being assaulted by a few individuals who know nothing about what there talking about and even more importantly know nothing about what was involved to get to the point we were at in that video. We are not making claims that are not being openly shown and demonstrated as the information becomes available. What I find most interesting is that those who have far less experience, and in some cases zero experience, related to the projects that I and the people I am working with have think it is their First Amendment Right or some craziness such as that to spread lies and false statements every chance they get. News flash, making false misleading statements in order to harm a business is a crime people.
We are motivated here at WSW by our Passion for Big Dogs and customer service first everything else is second. If you don't like us that is fine were grown men and we know not everyone will. We also know that there will be times that no matter what we do the person we are working with is not going to be happy or like us. It's business it happens, but please do yourself and everyone else a huge favor "Get a life and move on".

Having said all of the above I am now going to ask the question, again at the risk of being banned, shamed or anything else.

Someone explain to me how you can fit a square peg in a round hole????

Ahhhhh......you thought I was going to ask something else didn't you.
Nope I am past all that. I know how it is being done and if someone produces the appropriate simulation information, and I don't mean "see I have blah blah miles and nothing has happened yet", to prove that it does not put the rest of the frame, let alone the primary and transmission etc, at risk I will gladly step back and tip my hat and move along but until then:oldnono::oldnono::oldnono:.

Juz Sayin.........
Sorry that you are having to endure all of this Crap but I for one appreciate everything you do to keep the Dogs Rolling down the road. Thank you Brother

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
in answer to your question, Curtis, "how do you put a square peg in a round hole?"---------- shove a 4x4 up a bull's ass.

all joking aside, this was exactly the reply I wanted you to make, Curtis. as for me, no banning, no shaming, just "Thank You"

chubs

Guru
I have met, and talked with Curtis on a couple occasions, and I honestly believe he knows what he’s talking about. As for the people that are slandering him, they are the very same people that got themselves banned for their dishonesty and cheating . While I agree with what Curtis says about badmouthing someone’s business, I will NEVER do business with the Jerk-off that runs his mouth over on that “other “ forum !

My apologies folks, I didn't post to stir everyone up again.
I learned a bit ago to stop feeding the narcissistic behavior but I am getting too much feedback from folks where the lies and deceit are being spread around, now not only about me but anyone that involves themselves with me or WSW, and I just wanted to have at least one safe space where I could post to give folks the real rundown on what WSW and I are and represent. I suppose it would probably be proper and logical for a moderator to move this to the WSW area of the forum.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
My apologies folks, I didn't post to stir everyone up again.
I learned a bit ago to stop feeding the narcissistic behavior but I am getting too much feedback from folks where the lies and deceit are being spread around, now not only about me but anyone that involves themselves with me or WSW, and I just wanted to have at least one safe space where I could post to give folks the real rundown on what WSW and I are and represent. I suppose it would probably be proper and logical for a moderator to move this to the WSW area of the forum.
Thread is Moved as requested, not a problem.

I believe it's in ALL of us BigDog owners best interest to know what their options are, so saw no issues originally.

My opinion isn't worth anything, but if it was I think it's great to have an optional replacement! Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
The Progressive 422s are a really nice shock no question but....
I put them on 04 and older BDs regularly and they will fit some of the 05 and up BDs with some mods to the brake and oil line locations but the extreme mod needed to make them fit some of the BDs is, in my opinion, a bad idea. I just wish I had a licensed metallurgist that could right a brief white paper explaining the negative situation of a structural welded joint that has then been cut off and ground away or worse yet cut off, ground away and welded to again without the proper tempering etc.
Until such time as there is "certified" ample proof that it is a sound method I'm not touching it. Why? Because the first time something bad happens, as a manufacturer/seller, I lose everything I have ever worked for. You can go do stupid shit to your personal ride all day long, sell it to some poor sap that doesn't know any better and when something bad happens just shrug your shoulders and say "He bought as is".
I will just go the easier safer route and just re-valve, adjust spring rate and damping rate to give a quality ride with an existing proven product.