My Wireplus finally fried in the Hills of CA....

Energy One

Marky-Marc

Well, time for more videos....Curt and I were going to go on a charity ride today....went to start my bike last night to get it ready..and.....POOF.....wireplus I’ve had since I bought the bike FRIED and cooked hot dogs....it fried my ignition module too....so, it means MORE videos for you guys....yes my bike is dirty, but as you know, I ride my bike EVERYWHERE, even on the beach....

Videos coming up:
Installing OEM wire harness kit we sell with Axel EHC when you rip your aftermarket shit out when your wires were cut for Wireplus, RIP, etc....

Upgrading the charging system video with the kit we sell....

Installing new LED turn signal/lights

Installing one of our Baker belt drives in my bike...

How to align your rear tire correctly (I’m pulling my rear polished rim off to FINALLY install my chrome one)...front one was EZ so it’s already on...

after this, my 2005 Ridgeback will be 100% Chrome (engine mounts included...)

AND installing one of our Baker belt drives on my bike.....hmmmm.....

And FYI, I neglect my bike to fix others, plus we use our bikes to test new products all the time for you guys....

482677AB-EA97-4762-9545-347F724B8B69.jpeg4BCFD6BB-BB16-4FD9-8FF0-4964847F1F41.jpegCE2881C4-59D3-482A-A9C2-7415605F1E32.jpegD5E813AE-A9B9-45D6-86FB-CA8DAB599E2E.jpeg0B88225F-C82B-4180-8152-6B5D84ED28A3.jpeg3676C0DD-3A7B-4224-BB32-FDAF3923CB40.jpeg

knothead

RIGID4LIFE
Supporting Member
Both of my 04 ridgebacks have wireplus and i know they are going to take a shit one day...threatened to change them both out already but i decided to ride till they quit...hope u get urs back going soon

awg

How long did the wire plus last ? To bad there isn't a way to use the wiring from the wire plus to convert it back to the EHC. Lot's of people had to go with the wire plus back in the day. My bagger has the wire plus installed. And you know when it goes bad the nightmare I will be facing. Seems like the module goes bad on these systems. Any aftermarket replacement out there?

Last edited:

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
How long did the wire plus last ? To bad there isn't a way to use the wiring from the wire plus to convert it back to the EHC. Lot's of people had to go with the wire plus back in the day. My bagger has the wire plus installed. And you know when it goes bad the nightmare I will be facing. Seems like the module goes bad on these systems. Any aftermarket replacement out there?
Mine lasted about 12-15k miles then the power module just fried. Didn't have even one single issue until it melted.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

knothead

RIGID4LIFE
Supporting Member
Blue bike has 23,000 miles on it with the wireplus....silver bike i dont know cause it was installed when i bought it 3 years ago but ive put little over 4,000 on it....

pknowles

semi-retired...---... GURU C7Z06...---...
Lifetime Supporting Member
As far as I know the wire plus i installed in my 07 Bulldog back in 2010 is still running
And I'm sure if the member that bought it had trouble he would let me know. I think the older units were better than those sold a few years later.

Marky-Marc

As with everything, my wireplus has been running for over 40k miles....some EHC’s are still running (I have one that is beat to shit and still functioning perfectly..)....some of the WP kits will never fail....anyway, Merry Christmas to all.....and thank you for your support.....am videoing, but, may take a long time to splice everything together...as to someone mentioning it takes only a couple hours to install a belt drive....did they loosen the transmission bolts? On a ridgid you have to drop the oil tank for that, on a softball, you just need to remove the shocks....a couple hours.....hmmmmmm.....peace! ALWAYS READ THE INSTRUCTIONS and follow the service manual.....

CB15F0C6-FB8A-4B2E-94FD-B222A3DA4386.jpeg

Marky-Marc

Sooo, doesn’t the STOCK wiring with the Axel EHC look SOOO MUCH better than hacking your wires with an aftermarket kit? And I’ll be the first to say, that at the time, the only options were aftermarket Wireplus kits, RIP kits etc..., but every bike we have redone back to the OEM harnesses with Axel’s EHC, Bluetooth monitor, 25 and 40 amp breaker has NOT failed (as long as the charging system was upgraded too)....Still working on my bike, doing sooo much-it will now be 100% CHROME Ridgeback as well.... but man, doesn’t it look clean, wiring done right, and SOO much more room under the seat......

48C369AA-AC0F-4F45-9DC1-9E45CF4C6E41.jpegE6E9B1D4-5B4A-417D-9E25-0B507B70C5CC.jpegEBFD26A3-8B71-404C-A086-5F8063B7746E.jpeg48C369AA-AC0F-4F45-9DC1-9E45CF4C6E41.jpegE6E9B1D4-5B4A-417D-9E25-0B507B70C5CC.jpegEBFD26A3-8B71-404C-A086-5F8063B7746E.jpeg33D250B1-2D4A-49E0-9560-F0A59D42B340.jpeg

knothead

RIGID4LIFE
Supporting Member
Sooo, doesn’t the STOCK wiring with the Axel EHC look SOOO MUCH better than hacking your wires with an aftermarket kit? And I’ll be the first to say, that at the time, the only options were aftermarket Wireplus kits, RIP kits etc..., but every bike we have redone back to the OEM harnesses with Axel’s EHC, Bluetooth monitor, 25 and 40 amp breaker has NOT failed (as long as the charging system was upgraded too)....Still working on my bike, doing sooo much-it will now be 100% CHROME Ridgeback as well.... but man, doesn’t it look clean, wiring done right, and SOO much more room under the seat......

View attachment 69972View attachment 69973View attachment 69974View attachment 69972View attachment 69973View attachment 69974View attachment 69975
Looking good

It all just depends on what happens electrically.
Any of the kits on the market can succumb to electrical issues.
If the owner maintains the bike well and keeps the electrical system up to par then they will likely have years of trouble free riding.
Let it go though and the next thing you know your standing by the side of the road.

Marky-Marc

So, I'll be honest, making videos and editing will probably take me more time than it actually doing everything I did to my bike again....so, it may be awhile......but, @xonionx is always asking me to video shit, so, on my way to get my FREE lunch from @Dakotabos today (he graciously picked up the check for VODKA tonics and Prime RIB and drove out of his way to meet....nice seeing him again), I put my OLD go pro on my handlebars and videoed part of my 40 mile ride to meet up with him for Lunch..he paid....first one is 8 minutes long...and yes, my camera is OLD, and YES I ride a RIGID....so you can see the RIDE baby, bouncy bouncy....Zed's Dead, it's a RIGID CHOPPER baby....

I will do some short videos of the new LED's we sell, bluetooth module to remote start your bike, key fob, testing features, but ALL the other shit I did....it'll take awhile....we are busy...lol....we always try and help out....cheers and thanks again @Dakotabos for picking up the tab today......email or call us with questions, we will get back to you as soon as we can....

8 minute video ride on my bike TO meet Michael:

3 minute video ride BACK.....

Again, Thanks for all the support and business......

Marky

1 B.M.F.

Marky Marc I noticed you had spikes on the top of your triple trees where can I get 2 at for my chopper thanks

1 B.M.F.

Call Curtis at WSW he can help you with a EHC that will fix that bike right up.. L.O.L. Thanks for all the advice you and the capt are great.