My Paint Job

Energy One

Five Five

Well because I don't have deep pockets and my case is still dragging out in court (no settlement) I have been forced to paint my own bike in my garage.... here is a picture of my tins I just finished the clearcoat... a little more filler glaze on the frame and some sanding and i will be able to shoot the frame... My paint setup is harbor freight and tool equipment, 10 gallon air compressor and HVLP spray gun for under $175.00

Paint is a urethane, color is Firethorn Red Metallic Pearl.

I cant wait to get back on the road !

paleskin

Wow, Five thats awesome. You ever do this type of thing before? I am certain I don't have the skills to bust out something like that even with some practicing. Good work and keep us posted on how things are going.

Five Five

Thanks all for the comments ..... I knew once i pulled the trigger on purchasing the compressor and spray gun... that was it, I was committed, it was a learning curve from your conventional siphon guns but i like the new technology with the gravity feed.
the pictures are from my iphone and do it no justice on what it really looks like .... the color really pops and clear provides great depth and not to loud .... I bought way to much paint (1-gal kit) but i have plenty left over if it needs a touch up :up:

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
That looks great Bill. Can't wait to see the frame. And more than that can't wait to ride with you again.

Five Five

That looks great Bill. Can't wait to see the frame. And more than that can't wait to ride with you again.
Thanks Ray.... I've had my starter sitting out on the garage floor, and I need to box it up and send it to you... at Wild Steed Worx for A+ rebuild... I will call you when I get it boxed up.

Five :up:

krkostecki

Beautiful color, Fives. Don't know how you can stand to be without a bike for so long in SoCal. Get that ride rebuilt, brother.

Ray

Wow,,,great job,,,,five five,,that looks wonderful ,,, I know you gotta be chompin at the bit to get on the road,,I still look at those pictures with amazment,, I am glad you are this close to be back on the road,, glad to be back myself ,,

Ray :flag:

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Thanks Ray.... I've had my starter sitting out on the garage floor, and I need to box it up and send it to you... at Wild Steed Worx for A+ rebuild... I will call you when I get it boxed up.

Five :up:

I'll do a good job on it :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs: