lowering links

Energy One

bdmridgeback

Low Down Chop Shop
I was under cav's K-9 and they look the same. Threads look like it. Cav's K-9 sat quite a bit higher than his Dad's K-9 so I was looking at why. I noticed that the shafts on his dads ride were adjusted out farther than his from the factory. Made about 1/2"-3/4" ride height difference.
Call BDM and ask them if their stock shocks are threaded the same as a pre 99 HD softail.

Have you adjusted your stock ones out any?

BBChopper

Supports 2 Disabled Vets
Troop Supporter
I was under cav's K-9 and they look the same. Threads look like it. Cav's K-9 sat quite a bit higher than his Dad's K-9 so I was looking at why. I noticed that the shafts on his dads ride were adjusted out farther than his from the factory. Made about 1/2"-3/4" ride height difference.
Call BDM and ask them if their stock shocks are threaded the same as a pre 99 HD softail.

Have you adjusted your stock ones out any?
No didn’t know you could I'll have to look into it. Is the tension adjustable??

P8RIOT

Calendar Participant
Here's what you'd see if they are adjustable - this is out of the 2007 Service Manual. Number 8 and 9 provide the adjustability.

TCALZ06

So does this make the ride more firm? I want my fender closer to my tire like the ridgid

05chop

NO SIR ITS A MILE AWAY FROM THE STRUTS Only problem i see is the rode from garage to pavement.Its called rocks 05chop

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
Well you say that.. but both me and alhall have had our swing arms hit the fender struts on pot holes and such!

05chop

YOU KNOW something i did this mod because i can.Now i started to think about the swing arm contact with struts.Show me where the contact is between the strut and the swing arm.If your psi is at the correct pressure you cant be at a contact point with the strut correct? Or did i miss a step? 05chop :confused:

05chop

BUMP STOPS Fully compressed 07 bump stops i was told work better

Last edited:

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
Well if you're sitting on them and not hitting the swingarm.. don't worry. Mine hit... so my dealer added some spacers to the back side of the bumps to stop it from happening again.

BBChopper

Supports 2 Disabled Vets
Troop Supporter
Ok mine are not adjustable, what next. And no ya high funkin rollers I cant afford Air Ride. Right now if I cant make it I cant have it.:rolleyes:

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
As many times as I've had my bike apart I've never noticed those stops! :eek: