Looking for input and guidance on hat designs

Are these designs appealing and something you would purchase?

• No to front design/dog head

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No to side design

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Lifetime Supporting Member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
I'm looking at some hat designs, looking at minimal designs right now due to embroidery digitizing fees for each component and what appeals to the most people. I really like the idea of each hat having the option of the bike model to be embroidered on the side.

So, I'm seeking your input because I want to give you what you want, not what I think you want.

The poll is for the designs on the front and side. I'm always looking for feedback if you don't like the designs, or you have other ideas.

View media item 9676

Attachments

LHS

Supporting Member
Hey Tim If you get on the Internet and look up SophieSew 2.0 it is a free version of a digitizer that you can download your pictures in and do it yourself instead of paying someone else to digitize it for you. It will do almost all formats ( IE ) Pes PEC Hus VIP Qli Hsv 10o Jef Xxx M3 Gli and the list goes on. I also use a program called My Editor 5.0 This program allows me to view and edit my embroidery designs and then I can save them in any embroidery format. I also use Wilcom element 3 True Sizer this software allows me to change sizes of my embroidery design and or reformat it to any embroidery format . All three of these software’s are free at least they were at one time they do much more than what I have listed here I just hit the highlights. If you can’t find them on the Internet just let me know and I will make copies and send them to you. I know it is a lot more work and I don’t know how computer savvy you are but it took me a while to figure all this Shit out.

LHS

Supporting Member
:crazybitch:Tim I guess I should’ve asked if you Embroidery these yourself or you have someone else do them. Sorry I kind of got the cart before the horse there.

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
:crazybitch:Tim I guess I should’ve asked if you Embroidery these yourself or you have someone else do them. Sorry I kind of got the cart before the horse there.
Right now it's outsourced but I am looking at embroidery machines, have been for the last week. Gonna hit the ISS show up in Fort Worth on the 27th or 28th. I've been a bit shocked as to the prices of these machines.

I'll look at those programs but I'm at the mercy of the company I'm working with. I can't complain, their fees are pretty good but their embroidery areas are on the small side, I think.

Biker Babe

Queen Bee
Calendar Participant
Right now it's outsourced but I am looking at embroidery machines, have been for the last week. Gonna hit the ISS show up in Fort Worth on the 27th or 28th. I've been a bit shocked as to the prices of these machines.

I'll look at those programs but I'm at the mercy of the company I'm working with. I can't complain, their fees are pretty good but their embroidery areas are on the small side, I think.
I have a friend who has been embroidering my wildlife group logo on shirts for me to wear when I give lectures and do events. I wanted a ball cap done too and I guess that requires additional equipment (an attachment or something) because she couldn’t do it but has a friend who could.
And I do like this cap!

Reactions: Tim

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
I like the design, you gonna have any solid fitted hats?
The fitted hats worry me because of returns due to people ordering the wrong sizes... but we could do a one off if you know your size for sure.

Biker Babe

Queen Bee
Calendar Participant
The fitted hats worry me because of returns due to people ordering the wrong sizes... but we could do a one off if you know your size for sure.
Maybe if you put the size chart in the specs and say to measure before ordering ?

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
Maybe if you put the size chart in the specs and say to measure before ordering ?
But there's always that one person that guesses. I don't think we'll have much of a problem here on bdb but the site is open to all and I'll advertise a little on Facebook.

41bigdawg

Let the Big Dawg eat !
Supporting Member
Awesome hats Tim, are you going to do one like this with Road Dog? I like the logo on the side, this would be super cool with a big K9 on the other side or on the back center.

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
I'd like to but I'm concerned about losing the detail since the embroidery area is small. Now that i know of
Awesome hats Tim, are you going to do one like this with Road Dog? I like the logo on the side, this would be super cool with a big K9 on the other side or on the back center.
Now that I know of some free digitizing programs (Thanks Lew), I'm going to try and digitize the Road Dawg design myself and see how it turns out for me. I may have to simplify that design some too, just so it comes out clean and looking good. I'll try.

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
I like the design, you gonna have any solid fitted hats?
Great news, I think. Flex Fit offers some One Size fitted hats and I ordered one to check it out and do some test embroidery with it. I think this should fit the bill.

6572_54_z.jpg 6572_bk_54_p.jpg
Let me know what you think of this fitted style.

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
Great news, I think. Flex Fit offers some One Size fitted hats and I ordered one to check it out and do some test embroidery with it. I think this should fit the bill.

View attachment 60732 View attachment 60733
Let me know what you think of this fitted style.
I personally have had problems with the fitted hats, either too loose and fall off or too tight and give a migraine... I prolly just have a messed up size head... :oldlaugh: I'm a fan of these..
20181001_152356_resized.jpg

41bigdawg

Let the Big Dawg eat !
Supporting Member
Those would be Awesome, will look great with the Logo's. My experience with FlexFit is they come in S/M and Lg/XL sizes. The Lg/XL fits me well.

KnotSo

Admin
Staff member
Supporting Member
Prefer road dawg on front or an outline of a pro street style or outline of chopper, with big dog biker on side.

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
That One Size Flex Fit should be here tomorrow and I'll report back to you guys. I'm like Doug, the fitted hats end up giving me a headache so I never buy them, although I love the look. We'll see how this one goes.

Thanks for all the input guys, its all helpful.