K9s getting a makeover

Energy One

Moesride

So it's been 5 months that I've had the 09 K9. I do like the mono black paint on any bike but this girl kept screaming at me to dress her up !
Well here we go.....
Undressed all parts from this old gal to be painted by John Gates at JAG painting in sheperd Mi.
My buddy Chris Ckark ( Gasman) turned me on to him the other day.
I dropped off the parts today at his shop. Man is this guy a master at bike art !!
So I figured I'd post a few pics of a before and after.
The after will be in a month or so.
Kinda shitty pics but all I have on this phone.
20191017_151251.jpg20191017_124943.jpg20191017_150023.jpg

Moesride

That is the way to start it out, find a painter, lay out your idea, and let him have at it. Keep us posted.
Exactly this. Gave him my idea and he'll run with it.
Only thing he wants me to look over is the way Big Dog is drawn on the tank sides. He has a few different styles and wants me to pick one.
Other than that, have at it.

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
Gman has been following John for years. Me and that you youngster Chris live about 4 miles apart so helping each other has become the Norm.
Dont keep swelling his head though....no more room..LOl
I hear what you are sayin', lol

Moesride

It's been a month and a half or so since the K9 parts were dropped off at the painters.
So this thursday the 12th Gas Man and I are going to take a little road trip to pick the painted tins up. Roughly a 310 mile round trip.
I have pics of every step the painter made to transform the solid black tins into the baddasery that I'll post up by this time next week.
This guy killed it ...seriously a bad ass mofo with mad paint skills!
So stay tuned for the step by step pics and the finished paint.......

Clubba

So it's been 5 months that I've had the 09 K9. I do like the mono black paint on any bike but this girl kept screaming at me to dress her up !
Well here we go.....
Undressed all parts from this old gal to be painted by John Gates at JAG painting in sheperd Mi.
My buddy Chris Ckark ( Gasman) turned me on to him the other day.
I dropped off the parts today at his shop. Man is this guy a master at bike art !!
So I figured I'd post a few pics of a before and after.
The after will be in a month or so.
Kinda shitty pics but all I have on this phone.
View attachment 68710View attachment 68711View attachment 68712
I have the same floor in my garage! Good luck with the paint! Can’t wait to see it!

Moesride

I went into this project with the mindset that I first had to find a great painter, definitely nailed that with John Gates (JAG) custom painting.
Secondly I knew that I best not micromanage any of it.
I gave John a rough idea of what I was looking for and most importantly the colors and he ran with it.
Completely surprised at what he did.
Excellent work.!
Anyway, I'll get a few pics as I had mentioned over the weekend.

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
I went into this project with the mindset that I first had to find a great painter, definitely nailed that with John Gates (JAG) custom painting.
Secondly I knew that I best not micromanage any of it.
I gave John a rough idea of what I was looking for and most importantly the colors and he ran with it.
Completely surprised at what he did.
Excellent work.!
Anyway, I'll get a few pics as I had mentioned over the weekend.
How about posting up some pics, always nice to see fresh paint..

Moesride

It's been a bit. Detroit area weather, MI actually has been a shit show . Have not been able to take the K9 out yet but here are a few pictures of the paint.
Pics are not that great due to the reflection but you can see the general layout. Chris ( Gasman) and I toyed with the design and John ran with the paint. The old saying of pictures do not due justice applies here for sure.20200314_141652.jpg20200314_141723.jpg20200314_141617.jpg20200314_141552.jpg20200314_142140.jpg20200314_143038.jpg20200314_141634.jpg20191214_173917.jpg20191214_173911.jpg20200422_025208.jpg I'm