Energy One

SKOGDOG

One of the old ones.
Dispatch is carryin’ his own brand of sunshine today, eh?
Craftsmanship is what happens when labor meets love. Most of us have disassembled and reassembled ours so many times we have certainly made them our own. Mr. Wright and Th3Infamous1 for example.
Like we give a shit about how some dipwad defines ‘chopper’? Not anything I’d get exercised about.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
There is a fantasy belief by some so-called 'real bikers' that conclude if a chopper isn't made from scratch, made from different parts and wasn't created by the one who owns it, it's not considered a genuine chopper.

The tale also concludes that nobody can build it for you and that riding a chopper you didn't build is the ultimate example of a fraud, also saying that the majority of riders don't even know what a chopper is.

The delusion is if you didn't make it yourself it's a rip off and you are a poser because you bought (but mostly because you could afford), a production made chopper.

Whenever I come across these people and I hear this type of asinine nonsense I can't help but get a feeling of nausea as these people make you want to vomit with rage...

Damn, I would have sworn that you were just trying to get help in financing a "chopper" in another thread. I guess I'm getting you confused with a different biker.

TapioK

No wonder you get anxiety.
Who the hell cares what someone supposedly thinks or says of anything. Like the bike, get the bike, ride the bike. Don’t like the one you have? get another.
If the idea of having THE Bike is just to impress others I agree.
Design and fabricate all the parts and create something that has never seen before Impressive indeed.

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
There is a fantasy belief by some so-called 'real bikers' that conclude if a chopper isn't made from scratch, made from different parts and wasn't created by the one who owns it, it's not considered a genuine chopper.

The tale also concludes that nobody can build it for you and that riding a chopper you didn't build is the ultimate example of a fraud, also saying that the majority of riders don't even know what a chopper is.

The delusion is if you didn't make it yourself it's a rip off and you are a poser because you bought (but mostly because you could afford), a production made chopper.

Whenever I come across these people and I hear this type of asinine nonsense I can't help but get a feeling of nausea as these people make you want to vomit with rage...
Quick and easy response back to those "real bikers"...

aTqo9Lprc.png

Nཛ͢ཀཇཧ༏ཧי

... .... .- .. -.
Supporting Member
I think the word can have multiple meanings.
Language evolves over time.
In it’s truest, original context, No, a production bike is not a chopper.
However, as time has gone on, trends have changed, and the term has evolved, I believe ther term today would include any motorcycle that has a longer rake than a standard Harley.

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
I’m pretty sure I don’t care what people think of my Big Dog Ridgeback but I like it and made it my own.

I also have a Chopped 1968 BSA with Harley front forks, a rear wheel from the front of a Funny Car, custom machined triple trees, etc but I don’t ride it because it’s really not meant to go far with about a gallon of gasoline peanut tank and stuff falls off from the vibrations.

I was ridding with a couple of buddies a few years back when we stopped in a gasoline station. An expert on Harley’s tried to tell me that Harley made my Triumph Daytona 675. I just replied that I don’t think so as I showed him the large letters on the side of the gas tank which said “Triumph”. But, he was sure so I said ok. We were so happy to be enlightened that day. You learn something every day.

I’m not sure I would let what others say bother you but if it does, oh well.

Ed U. Cator

Higher Ed.
Not much different than the two lady bikers who came motoring into the bbq wings joint two days ago on their Harley Street 750 or Street Rods (unsure on model, but the bikes were on the small, quiet side) and as they parked & dismounted next to my bike, they asked what it was and where it was made. Then the one chick said "oh, US made, like our bikes!" I replied, "you mean assembled in America!" I think it went over their heads.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
I'm with yea fellas, 100%, I just don't like people bad mouthing something that in reality they are jealous of, for me, life's too short to take shit from lowlife dirtbags.

At past bike events here in Daytona I've heard these degenerate 'real biker's talking about them, I found it funny two guys talking shit looking like they didn't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.

When I get mine, I'm going to be PROUD to ride a magnificent American made (non-Harley ) 'chopper' .
:rofl:

cdogg556

Guru
No wonder you get anxiety.
Who the hell cares what someone supposedly thinks or says of anything. Like the bike, get the bike, ride the bike. Don’t like the one you have? get another.
If the idea of having THE Bike is just to impress others I agree.
Design and fabricate all the parts and create something that has never seen before Impressive indeed.
:agree:
What does it matter, if ya like it ride it and screw what anyone else thinks! :)

TimNY

Back in the day when the fat tire bikes were being produced and
were the hot thing . I wanted one , having built & rode Panhead & Shovelhead
choppers back in the day . I couldn't afford the 30 -40 K for one . So I built
one myself . I really didn't want a off the shelf chopper or chopper in a box .
To me riding a custom bike you built yourself means something .

I look at it this way . If its a raked frame and " over stock length " front end
its a chopper no matter if you built it of bought it .

Just my opinion .