Hose front cylinder

Energy One

Milco

The Flying Dutchman
Yes it is, its mounted to the manifold of the carb, I think its disturbing a good adjustment, can I combine it with the hose of the backwards cylinderhead?

Milco

The Flying Dutchman
Can't see the picture on my phone. Might be a breather hose?
Has it anything to do with emissionlaw? Since I mounted the S&S Dual Air Intake the engine "coughs" when I drive at a steady speed of around 100-120 km/h and when I accelerate....

Rottweiler

Got the picture to open. I was going to ask about the rear hose, it looks like it just stops vents to atmosphere? Yes I believe they should both go to carb intake.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Front head sucks and rear blows on the 117 SSW engine. That's why the rear has the one way check valve so it doesn't suck from the air cleaner

Combining the air hoses before it goes to the air cleaner is not ideal as the rear cylinder could blow oil into the front unless you put another check valve in the front and reverse it.

Notice the placement of the hoses.

1) Front hose only receives filtered air after the butterfly (suck)

2) Rear hose goes to the back plate/filter area (blow)

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

mleach72

In the service manual, S&S claims that a vacuum in the the motor is beneficial. Cuts down on oil suspended in the air in the crankcase.

mleach72

Has it anything to do with emissionlaw? Since I mounted the S&S Dual Air Intake the engine "coughs" when I drive at a steady speed of around 100-120 km/h and when I accelerate....
Try rejetting your carb. Your engine is getting more air now because of the Dual Runner. On the snorkel type ac's, air only has to make a 90 degree turn to get to the carb instead of a U-turn on a normal ac. Also, the filters are near the front of the engine which means it's pulling much cooler air than a normal ac which sucks heat off the side of the engine. Cooler air is more dense which will make the mixture lean.

john sachs

Realize that as long as the hose from the intake manifold is connected to the manifold, there is a vacuum created at the end of that hose to the head, or anywhere you put it.
I modify the whole system, but that's another story.;)
John

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Realize that as long as the hose from the intake manifold is connected to the manifold, there is a vacuum created at the end of that hose to the head, or anywhere you put it.
I modify the whole system, but that's another story.;)
John
Yep just run em to the ground! Haha

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Milco

The Flying Dutchman
Try rejetting your carb. Your engine is getting more air now because of the Dual Runner. On the snorkel type ac's, air only has to make a 90 degree turn to get to the carb instead of a U-turn on a normal ac. Also, the filters are near the front of the engine which means it's pulling much cooler air than a normal ac which sucks heat off the side of the engine. Cooler air is more dense which will make the mixture lean.
We tried rejetting but it is still "coughs" at holding a certain speed...