Help Legalising a 2006 Big Dog Mastiff in Europe

Energy One
Hello, i bought a 2006 Big Dog Mastiff and i want to bring to my country in Europe, so if there is someone who did the same i want to ask:

1 - What type of problems did you have?
2 - What type of exhaust did you put to pass the sound test? because the original isn´t EC type approved ...
3 -Any advise to help legalize?

Thank you in advance.

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
your best bet would be to contact "Franco" on this site, he has a '06 K9 in Spain. but, he is out of country quite often on contract security work. don't give up.

Axel

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the infos. It shouldn´t be a problem. You can get different exhausts with EC approve from different sources here.
You just need to change the led rear inserts against amber an red inserts, cause here in Europe we have amber led´s for the direction indicators and red led´s for the brakelight / rearlight. You also need a converter for the rear light what divide the brakelight / indicator signal in 4 separate signals. You can get it from me or from Curtis / Wild Steed. You´ll find more infos at:

However, you don´t need the converter if you have installed an aftermarket EHC from me. In this case you can change the settings of the EHC to "EU mode".

Just feel free to send me a message at info@elektronikbox.de if you need further infos.

All the best!
Axel

Ernie12

I remember another person mentioned they had a problem with registering the bike as a two person in Europe because it only had the single seat on it at the time.

I remember another person mentioned they had a problem with registering the bike as a two person in Europe because it only had the single seat on it at the time.
Thanks for the reply, single seat isn't really a problem for me it's easy to legalize, my main problem is the exhaust...

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the infos. It shouldn´t be a problem. You can get different exhausts with EC approve from different sources here.
You just need to change the led rear inserts against amber an red inserts, cause here in Europe we have amber led´s for the direction indicators and red led´s for the brakelight / rearlight. You also need a converter for the rear light what divide the brakelight / indicator signal in 4 separate signals. You can get it from me or from Curtis / Wild Steed. You´ll find more infos at:

However, you don´t need the converter if you have installed an aftermarket EHC from me. In this case you can change the settings of the EHC to "EU mode".

Just feel free to send me a message at info@elektronikbox.de if you need further infos.

All the best!
Axel
Thanks for the reply i will try to contact "Franco", do you have an ideia of types of exhaust they use? I think it will be mainly HD exhaust.

Axel

Hi Andre,

Yes, it´s mainly Harley but they should fit in your bike w/o the need for big modifications. You get it from several distributors like Zodiac.nl or from Custom-Chrome-Europe.com . They have also all S&S parts available.

All the best!
Axel

bikeone

To get an "aceitacao individual" ( no apostrophes, sorry) ask what u need at your local aprovacao tüv.
First necessary is the title of the bike.
single or two up seat - make ur choice before you ask.
Not one US Bike has Ec aprovation on any thing - look to get conform with lights (like Axel said), and a legalized exhaust.maybe mirror size and so on. ask first save money. Best way is a to do List from the local Tüv.
After aceitacao individual your dog is EU legalized with all mounted parts.
If they suck, make ur homologisation in another EU Land. EU conformity is law in every state of the EU.

abracos
Hans