Headlight assembly

Energy One
I have a 2007 big dog bulldog. I'm trying to remove the beauty ring in the headlight assembly. It will not move must be stock or corroded any ideas on how to get this out without damaging the headlight assembly?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DynoDave

Guru
Strap wrench for the beauty ring.
Mixture of 50/50 acetone and ATF to loosen the rust (home made Liquid Wrench).
Note; there may be a set screw or two at the bottom that have to be removed first.
Go easy, don't force it.

Make sure the set screws are out of the bottom. There are two.

Then try using rubber gloves for better traction. I usually stand behind the light facing forward in the direction the light would while using four fingers on each hand opposing each other.
Two set screws?

Strap wrench for the beauty ring.
Mixture of 50/50 acetone and ATF to loosen the rust (home made Liquid Wrench).
Note; there may be a set screw or two at the bottom that have to be removed first.
Go easy, don't force it.
Do you have any ideas how to get it to move it is stuck. I tried pb blast and now I have no power to the bike.

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
Do you have any ideas how to get it to move it is stuck. I tried pb blast and now I have no power to the bike.

Only other thing you can try that's non-destructive (aside from gloves mentioned) is to heat that up with a heat gun -- might helkp break it loose, couple of taps with a non-marring hammer too (gentle)
If that fails, I'd opt to replace the damn thing as a number of us have.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Yes, I've had to tap on some with a rubber hammer. The rubber gloves always seem to work best for me.

Jeff Beck

Do they all have set screws I think mine was changed but it still has a beauty ring . Looks like a tab underneath but no screws

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Do they all have set screws I think mine was changed but it still has a beauty ring . Looks like a tab underneath but no screws
Adjure headlights have a nylon rope that you have to pull out, it's called their "phast lock system". Nothing fast about it unless it's brand new otherwise dirt gets in there just the same.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rottweiler

The inner ring on mine had two small holes 180 degrees apart. Using a small screwdriver tap them counter clockwise. Yes pb blaster.