dyno Tuner in central Fl

Energy One

zenBD

Anyone know of anyone who can do dyno tuning in central Fl... Orlando-Daytona Beach? Someone who actually tunes the bike on the dyno..not just a dyno run please.

zenBD

Carls speed shop

Thanks for the input man, but Carl has already had my bike in his shop. I'm sure you have never had any experience in that place, so let me tell you that you don't want any.

That mother (expletive) will never, (I repeat) , never, ever see this bike in his shop again. Not only did he wreak havoc on it, but he doesn't "tune" anything. Ask him to jet then bike & it won't see any dyno time. Ask me how I know.

Houndog

I have had my work done at Carls with no problems over the last 4 years. With some 40 plus speed records I would think they just might know what thew are doing when it comes to horsepower. Looks like Doug is going racing again this May in Ohio so I guess we will see if they still have what it takes to win. One thing for sure if you walk into this shop with a attitude you will get an attitude back from Carl! As with any business including mine you will always have some people that don't feel like they were treated right but that is probably a two way street!

zenBD

I have had my work done at Carls with no problems over the last 4 years. With some 40 plus speed records I would think they just might know what thew are doing when it comes to horsepower. Looks like Doug is going racing again this May in Ohio so I guess we will see if they still have what it takes to win. One thing for sure if you walk into this shop with a attitude you will get an attitude back from Carl! As with any business including mine you will always have some people that don't feel like they were treated right but that is probably a two way street!

Man... You have no idea what you're talking about. Don't talk to me about a "two-way street" when you have no idea who I am. I was more respectful then you can imagine when I walked in there. I am always respectful to people upon meeting them, but I already had a high opinion of these guys. I had heard about them before and assumed off the bat that they knew what they were doing. They may know how to tune a bike, but they sure as hell didn't give a shit with mine. It was popping on decel when it went in, and when they were done it acted exactly the same as it did going in... also they never seemed to touch the idle mixture screw as the little white plastic cap was still on from the factory. While the bike was there they were supposed to solve a clutch issue that they attempted to solve three times with no luck. Each time they said that it was ready and each time I road it away, the clutch failed again. They just kept replacing parts and increasing my bill. Even after repeated attempts they wouldn't test ride the thing for any length of time before calling me in to pay them. In the interim they busted my mainshaft to the tune of $1900 (which I payed), and they scratched every piece of chrome seemingly from "cleaning it" with a dirty or gritty rag. I like my bike looking undamaged, so I wound up having to pay over a grand in re-chrome and parts replacement. Oh, and I don't think my attitude busted my mainshaft! They were working on some custom build at the time that they admitted they were behind schedule with. It became painfully obvious to me that they had no time to give a shit about my $20K + bike. They just wanted my money and then to kick me out the door. Honestly, Doug & Jason seem like nice guys, but they are forced to do stupid things by that freaking imbecile who runs the place. it sure as hell wasn't my attitude walking in there, but it sure as shit was my attitude walking out.

I have been on here trying to avoid speaking negatively about them, but I can no longer sit here and watch people recommend a place that will more then likely cause a forum goer a lot of pain. I have talked to a couple guys on here who convinced me that I should make it known so that other guys don't have to go through the same shit. I'm glad you have had good experiences with them, and I hope it continues that way for you. However, I am not the first to have had issues with them. Do a google search and you'll see. As a matter of fact Diane (the office person...possibly Carl's wife) told me that he won't even look on this forum anymore because people have written negative things about the shop. At the time she was trying to tell me that he was falsely accused. Of course, that was before my mainshaft was wrenched off my bike. Unfortunately, I had my rose colored glasses on when I saw the Big Dog Motorcycles sign on their building for the first time. I didn't look into them before I trusted them... a mistake I won't make again.

Attachments

Last edited:

francoblay1

The Spaniard
Man... You have no idea what you're talking about. Don't talk to me about a "two-way street" when you have no idea who I am. I was more respectful then you can imagine when I walked in there. I am always respectful to people upon meeting them, but I already had a high opinion of these guys. I had heard about them before and assumed off the bat that they knew what they were doing. They may know how to tune a bike, but they sure as hell didn't give a shit with mine. It was popping on decel when it went in, and when they were done it acted exactly the same as it did going in... also they never seemed to touch the idle mixture screw as the little white plastic cap was still on from the factory. While the bike was there they were supposed to solve a clutch issue that they attempted to solve three times with no luck. Each time they said that it was ready and each time I road it away, the clutch failed again. They just kept replacing parts and increasing my bill. Even after repeated attempts they wouldn't test ride the thing for any length of time before calling me in to pay them. In the interim they busted my mainshaft to the tune of $1900 (which I payed), and they scratched every piece of chrome seemingly from "cleaning it" with a dirty or gritty rag. I like my bike looking undamaged, so I wound up having to pay over a grand in re-chrome and parts replacement. Oh, and I don't think my attitude busted my mainshaft! They were working on some custom build at the time that they admitted they were behind schedule with. It became painfully obvious to me that they had no time to give a shit about my $20K + bike. They just wanted my money and then to kick me out the door. Honestly, Doug & Jason seem like nice guys, but they are forced to do stupid things by that freaking imbecile who runs the place. it sure as hell it wasn't my attitude walking in there, but it sure as shit was my attitude walking out.

I have been on here trying to avoid speaking negatively about them, but I can no longer sit here and watch people recommend a place that will more then likely cause a forum goer a lot of pain. I have talked to a couple guys on here who convinced me that I should make it known so that other guys don't have to go through the same shit. I'm glad you have had good experiences with them, and I hope it continues that way for you. However, I am not the first to have had issues with them. Do a google search and you'll see. As a matter of fact Diane (the office person...possibly Carl's wife) told me that he won't even look on this forum anymore because people have written negative things about the shop. At the time she was trying to tell me that he was falsely accused. Of course, that was before my mainshaft was wrenched off my bike. Unfortunately, I had my rose colored glasses on when I saw the Big Dog Motorcycles sign on their building for the first time. I didn't look into them before I trusted them... a mistake I won't make again.
Excellent Review!!! :2thumbs:

john sachs

Ok, here we go:
1- Cycle Dynamics, Boynton Beach, Fl. 561 369 - 7614. Was a BD repair shop. Ask for Marc.
2-Road Hog Motorcycles, Enterprise, Fl. 407 688 - 0096. Near the Fox Head Lounge. Should be at the Cabbage Patch for Bike Week. Ask for Rob.
3- Doc's Performance Tuning, Clermont, Fl. 352 404 - 6999. Ask for Doc.
4- Iron Horse Parts, Lecanto, Fl. 352 746 - 7655. Ask for Bill.
I've used all 4 of the above, and they're more than capable. :2thumbs: Actually prolly 4 of the best on the East coast. :eek:
John

Cycle Dynamics is more south. I use them frequently. :2thumbs:
Iron Horse Parts is more west.

zenBD

John... You are the man. Thanks very much. Have you used them to do performance tuning? I found Doc's site and inquired via email today. Do all of these guys have dynos which will accommodate the dogs' length?

Last edited:

john sachs

John... You are then man. Thanks very much. Have you used them to do performance tuning? I found Doc's site and inquired via email today. Do all of these guys have dynos which will accommodate the dogs' length?
All of the shops use my heads, except Doc.
They have all tuned bikes I've done, and the customers seem to be very happy. They're VERY performance oriented, and IMO will get the most from your combo.
John
You'll need to ask about length. Just give them an accurate OL measurement. I know Marc has tuned a lot of Big Dogs.

Unbalanced

+1 on the recommendation on Roadhog. He just tuned my bike and has tuned several of them. Rob is easy to work with. He is a very competent motor builder and can work on the old stuff too.

BadDawg Bill

Also for parts (I don't know if they have a dyno) Scooters is great. The guys are real fair and have great prices on parts like $2,400 for a brand new Baker tranny. I bought the wrong Ultima open primary for my bike (one for a Harley trans not a Baker) and they fixed me up with the right parts and took my other parts in on trade. They were more than fair and honest and they know their stuff.

Scooter's Performance

zenBD

+1 on the recommendation on Roadhog. He just tuned my bike and has tuned several of them. Rob is easy to work with. He is a very competent motor builder and can work on the old stuff too.
Use Rob/ Roadhog "Performance" Tuning if you don't mind him scratching the shit out of your bike. I had him do a cam install and everywhere he went on the bike he scratched... presumably by allowing the tools to skip off the bolts... long, deep scratches all over the F'ing place. He also scratched the coil cover where the key goes in, and the triple trees from tying the bike down without protection. Oh, and the cam cover has road rash on it now... looks like he put it down outside to the ground & scraped it while picking it back up. AND... he didn't tune the bike for shit. When he was done it was backfiring like crazy on decel, and he didn't even bother to try any other settings on the programable ignition. He's a hack.

Last edited:

JEFF WIDGREN

This is my run on a DYNO with them supposedly to tune it this is the results the motor has had work done on it I’d like to see what it would really be with the motor tuned I drove it out of there with him standing outside it’s popping spit and sputter’s until you get it up to speed and he heard me the bikes loud I can’t believe he even let it go out of there like that I was so pissed he told me don’t touch that air fuel mixture I got a tune just wright what a joke So be aware this guy Minnesota by ham Lake just saying

Attachments