clutch adjustment help

Energy One

john sachs

Is there a certain way to loosen the jam nut on a 04 pitbull? I can barely get a wrench to stay on it enough to loosen it.
If you look at the silver colored socket/nut tool I built, duplicate it, and you will have a tool that works like a champ. Cut down 11/16" socket with an 11/16" nut welded on it. Just long enough to get the short end of an allen wrench thru it, while holding the nut with an 11/16" box wrench. Works on most aftermarket, and Harley clutches.
John

Attachments

Mickmorris

mick
Supporting Member
If you look at the silver colored socket/nut tool I built, duplicate it, and you will have a tool that works like a champ. Cut down 11/16" socket with an 11/16" nut welded on it. Just long enough to get the short end of an allen wrench thru it, while holding the nut with an 11/16" box wrench. Works on most aftermarket, and Harley clutches.
John
John, are you sure that’s the right picture? I have looked at it a few times & I sure don’t see anything looking like a 11/16” socket? Mick

john sachs

John, are you sure that’s the right picture? I have looked at it a few times & I sure don’t see anything looking like a 11/16” socket? Mick
Mick,
I cut a piece of 11/16, 6 point socket, by 7/8" long. welded a 11/16" nut on it, and added a band on the o.d. to prevent any flex . Marked it, so you can keep track of rotation. O.L. with the nut is 1.200" easy size for the short end of an allen wrench to turn the adjusting stud.