Builders sig?

LittleMike

Supporting Member
I pulled my headlight out tonight and I found these two signatures inside the headlamp yeah this is really cool.
Anyway the headlights crack and it's made out of plastic so tell me what to buy guys.
Show me those Headlamps!

Attachments

Th
I pulled my headlight out tonight and I found these two signatures inside the headlamp yeah this is really cool.
Anyway the headlights crack and it's made out of plastic so tell me what to buy guys.
Show me those Headlamps!
That is a headwinds bucket , aftermarket.

LittleMike

Supporting Member
I think the lens is cracked not the bucket .
Yes the plastic lens is cracked and horribly discolored. So I need to find 5 and 3/4 empty lens or I've seen some really nice ones that you guys have posted, I was wondering if you guys had a favourite. why so many damn choices? I'm one of those guys that as I've gotten older I just say just tell me what to buy haha

LittleMike

Supporting Member
I'm assuming it's cracked around the bolts on the bottom? I repaired one 10 years ago with JB Weld, on the inside of the bucket, and it's still holding.
There actually wasn't any bolts in the bottom or those little Allen screws that is supposed to hold everything in, they are gone

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
There actually wasn't any bolts in the bottom or those little Allen screws that is supposed to hold everything in, they are gone
After you get it all back together, put a dot of clear silicone on the bottom of the beauty ring. Nobody will notice it, it'll prevent your beauty ring from unscrewing. But yes replace the set screws also. The back set screw, holds the bracket that keeps the headlights straight, and the front one is to hold the beauty ring

LittleMike

Supporting Member
After you get it all back together, put a dot of clear silicone on the bottom of the beauty ring. Nobody will notice it, it'll prevent your beauty ring from unscrewing. But yes replace the set screws also. The back set screw, holds the bracket that keeps the headlights straight, and the front one is to hold the beauty ring
Nice tip on the silicon!
Thanks,
Mike

LittleMike

Supporting Member
It's the goddamn wires. It was just a mess of electrical tape, now I need to find the schematic for the son of a bitch so I can see how this fucker is wired up

Attachments

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
It's the goddamn wires. It was just a mess of electrical tape, now I need to find the schematic for the son of a bitch so I can see how this fucker is wired up
That looks like a plastic plug too. You might want to go with a ceramic one before that one ends up melting on you at some point. That's one of those it's not IF it will happen just a WHEN.

LittleMike

Supporting Member
That looks like a plastic plug too. You might want to go with a ceramic one before that one ends up melting on you at some point. That's one of those it's not IF it will happen just a WHEN.

Yes sir I believe I need that also, after I cleaned all the wires make sure they were all connected properly and correctly I still have no low beam. So today I'm just going to ride with high beam.