Big Dog Biker 2021! 14 Years.

Energy One

Th3InfamousI

Admin
Staff member
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Big Dog Biker Forum has been alive for going on 14 years this year.

As we approach our 15th anniversary, and with everything else going on throughout the country/world. The forum crew at bigdogbiker hope this medium has been a little sense of normalcy and a little escape.

Spring is approaching! If you already are not out riding you will be soon!

Anyways, as Daytona is happening (thankfully) there may be some reduced events as we saw last year. The large rally's like the Daytona's, Strugis, AZ Bike week will all probably continue for obvious reasons they bring a lot of money to the towns. I think we all may lose some of the smaller more local events. What the bigdogbiker forum has is a now 14 year history of making and creating our own events! We are way ahead of the curve.

Our “Supporting Membership” while pays to keep these forum lights on & up and running, additional support from everyone was used at Mastiff Daves to buy the beer, prizes, & honorable 100k bigdogbiker mileage patches for the 3 forum members that can wave their hand for that kinda mileage on a Big Dog. It would be great to be able to continue this as well as grow it in other areas of the country.

Without this forum & the knowledge on it I think a lot of these bikes would be left as garage art or torn apart.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After some discussion with the bigdogbiker.com steering committee on ways to continue to improve here at BigDogBiker we are presenting to you!

bigdogbiker.com forum challenge coins/bottle openers!

IMG_20210223_174623274.jpg

Supporting Membership is just a small donation for a 1 year honorable membership, it has been $21 for well over 10 years and now it's just slightly moving up to $30 per year to pay for the coin & shipping. So you will receive the "Supporting Member" Banner next to your name & in the mail 1 unique NEW BigDogBiker thick 1.5” Custom Challenge Coin (Made in the USA by a Veteran Owned Company).

The increase in price doesn’t even cover the cost of the challenge coin & shipping, and the goal is to simply have more people sign up and become a social supporting member of the forum, share the knowledge of owning these bikes and be able to hopefully increase the forum presence at any events held by our members!

As HDM INC (www.bigdogpartskingpin.com) places a tremendous value on this forum community, the customers love for these machines and the knowledge everyone freely shares has also offered up a custom discount code (which be included in the mail of the coin) eligible for a 1 time use for purchase of any parts for your Big Dog from www.bigdogpartskingpin.com.

Worth mentioning... there has been a “Lifetime Supporting Membership” which has been more of an honorable membership for some of the OG contributors of the forum. Some of those folks are still around and some may have moved on for whatever reason. Either way the “Lifetime Supporting Membership” has been removed as anyone who has that membership now can not contribute even if they try as the software does not allow. With that said, all is NOT lost. A new category will be added “Legacy Member” which will go out to a limited few that simply paved the way for this forum in the early days. Folks like Tim, Raywood, Gasman, etc.

For anyone that has become a supporting member in 2021 hit me up with your mailing address. Otherwise for anyone else that their supporting membership is expired, sign up now! Or if it will be expiring at some point this year, just wait until then and renew your membership for $30 and include your shipping address in the PayPal to receive the challenge coin.

To become a supporting member click the members drop down and "forum upgrades"
1615159970122.png

knothead

RIGID4LIFE
Supporting Member
Thank you guys for all the work that goes in to this forum and also thank you for helping us keep these bikes on the road with you guys outstanding service and support on parts to keep these dogs going....like you said if it wasnt for this forum and you guys keeping us with parts there would be alot of these bikes completely done with.

I love the challenge coin also....super great idea

SKOGDOG

One of the old ones.
Supporting Member
Done and done!! Payment sent. It’s all about who is willing to do the work to keep this resource alive.
There is a great line from McCarthy’s No Country for Old Men: “There's two kinds of people that dont ask a lot of questions. One is too dumb to and the other dont need to.” I am in the first category. Good for me that the Forum is here with folks like Mr. Sachs, Mr. Wright and numerous others. These guys are in the second group, and willing to give valuable advice and tech info to us across the years for free. I think they do that mostly for the other main benefit of this Forum, the fellowship. I have met many new friends here. I always feel indebted to the Forum because I get more than I give.
Keep up the support for us, HDM and TH3INFAMOUS1.

mjsk9

Supporting Member
I have to admit that losing the "Lifetime Supporting Membership" banner was a blow to my ego (paid 5 years upfront a few years ago); however, I certainly understand the need for the nominal annual cost for the "Supporting Member" banner. My hope is that all that utilize this site will become a "Supporting Member" so this site continues to do what it does best; i.e., breed comradery, provide useful technical information, provide entertainment, etc. Worth noting, I no longer have a Big Dog but that does not negate my love for the brand and the service this site has provided!

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
Erik, Great write up and congrats to all who have helped build, support and who have kept this forum page alive for 14 years. I've been an active and most the time supporting member since 2009, I may disappear from time to time because I have other things to work on around the house besides my dogs. But I can honestly say that over the years, this page has gotten better with time, kinda like a woman does. Unless she's mine then its more like milk. J/K. Don't tell her I said that when some of ya'll meet her. lol. But seriously I've went from talking to ppl on here and getting advice to what may be wrong with my bike so I could mention it to the mechanic working on the bike, to tearing my whole rear end off to change my pivot shaft. I've also went to the point of having custom parts made for the bike, sissy bars, wheel spacers, custom stereo parts for the bagger. And I couldn't have done it without the ppl on this forum. I have to say the ppl on this site are amazing, to help and talk on the phone sometimes for 5 minutes to an hour or better (ERIK), to send me your spare parts to see if any of them will work. Thank you all for making this a great page.

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
Big Dog Biker Forum has been alive for going on 14 years this year.

As we approach our 15th anniversary, and with everything else going on throughout the country/world. The forum crew at bigdogbiker hope this medium has been a little sense of normalcy and a little escape.

Spring is approaching! If you already are not out riding you will be soon!

Anyways, as Daytona is happening (thankfully) there may be some reduced events as we saw last year. The large rally's like the Daytona's, Strugis, AZ Bike week will all probably continue for obvious reasons they bring a lot of money to the towns. I think we all may lose some of the smaller more local events. What the bigdogbiker forum has is a now 14 year history of making and creating our own events! We are way ahead of the curve.

Our “Supporting Membership” while pays to keep these forum lights on & up and running, additional support from everyone was used at Mastiff Daves to buy the beer, prizes, & honorable 100k bigdogbiker mileage patches for the 3 forum members that can wave their hand for that kinda mileage on a Big Dog. It would be great to be able to continue this as well as grow it in other areas of the country.

Without this forum & the knowledge on it I think a lot of these bikes would be left as garage art or torn apart.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After some discussion with the bigdogbiker.com steering committee on ways to continue to improve here at BigDogBiker we are presenting to you!

bigdogbiker.com forum challenge coins/bottle openers!

View attachment 83373

Supporting Membership is just a small donation for a 1 year honorable membership, it has been $21 for well over 10 years and now it's just slightly moving up to $30 per year to pay for the coin & shipping. So you will receive the "Supporting Member" Banner next to your name & in the mail 1 unique NEW BigDogBiker thick 1.5” Custom Challenge Coin (Made in the USA by a Veteran Owned Company).

The increase in price doesn’t even cover the cost of the challenge coin & shipping, and the goal is to simply have more people sign up and become a social supporting member of the forum, share the knowledge of owning these bikes and be able to hopefully increase the forum presence at any events held by our members!

As HDM INC (www.bigdogpartskingpin.com) places a tremendous value on this forum community, the customers love for these machines and the knowledge everyone freely shares has also offered up a custom discount code (which be included in the mail of the coin) eligible for a 1 time use for purchase of any parts for your Big Dog from www.bigdogpartskingpin.com.

Worth mentioning... there has been a “Lifetime Supporting Membership” which has been more of an honorable membership for some of the OG contributors of the forum. Some of those folks are still around and some may have moved on for whatever reason. Either way the “Lifetime Supporting Membership” has been removed as anyone who has that membership now can not contribute even if they try as the software does not allow. With that said, all is NOT lost. A new category will be added “Legacy Member” which will go out to a limited few that simply paved the way for this forum in the early days. Folks like Tim, Raywood, Gasman, etc.

For anyone that has become a supporting member in 2021 hit me up with your mailing address. Otherwise for anyone else that their supporting membership is expired, sign up now! Or if it will be expiring at some point this year, just wait until then and renew your membership for $30 and include your shipping address in the PayPal to receive the challenge coin.

To become a supporting member click the members drop down and "forum upgrades"
View attachment 83375
I'd like to go ahead and pay the 30 dollars for the supporting member but it says mine doesn't expire till DEC 12th 2021....

Pddain

PHTM II
Supporting Member
As the new guy, would like to pay the $30 early for the coin. Been grateful for all the kindness and guidance and a few extra bucks in the kitty can help the forum costs I am sure. Looking forward to meeting some of you soon. If I ride to the farm in May how do I contribute to the party as well?

Mr. Wright

Guru
Supporting Member
As the new guy, would like to pay the $30 early for the coin. Been grateful for all the kindness and guidance and a few extra bucks in the kitty can help the forum costs I am sure. Looking forward to meeting some of you soon. If I ride to the farm in May how do I contribute to the party as well?
Your first time to the farm is on us. Just show up and have some fun.

Th3InfamousI

Admin
Staff member
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Not sure why I didn't think about this but just made this a sticky at the top.

Really, what a great group of folk we have here. From all over the world, different languages different lives and maybe you think you only have one thing in common but get together, there might be something else. OR the one thing you have in common is enough because nobody else at your house wants to talk about motorcycles for a couple hours..haha

I thought everyone might like this, and it's just dare I already a call it a "collectible"? There will only be so many made then if it's it hit maybe we will change things up as time goes on.

I also want to apologize, I have been watching. This week was a little busy & I ran into some personal issues with my dog pulling @liferider or @mastiffdave move. Maybe I need to change his name? LOL He cut himself up good plowing through the fence. That was Thursday morning, he ran around for a few hours chasing some animals and missing a chunk of skin. Came back Thursday afternoon, got him cleaned up and just no way to keep a bandage on what I'll call his right armpit so just got back from the vet and they agreed. A little fur/skin trimming & 12 staples later he is put back together. They said don't even bother with a bandage it wont stay.

Everyone that signed up this week, I will be going through everything this weekend and make sure I have everyone's mailing addresses and will get the swag out in the mail to everyone early/mid week!