Best Lift and Fork Oil

TreeGuru

I have a 2006 Pitbull and want to do a fork rebuild. I have a harbor freight lift with wheel chock but I don't think it's practical for a fork rebuild. What would be the best way to lift the front end up to remove the front end? Also, I'm wanting to try 20 weight fork oil, the 30 weight seems pretty stiff. Has anyone tried different weights of fork oil on a 2006 Pitbull?

HMAN

Just like to ride
Supporting Member
Running 30wt in the Pit and Chopper. Use a scissor lift as stated and add a strap to the Pit's frame to secure it to the lift as you jack up the front end. Ive done a couple of forks this way with no issues. I did add these to My HF lift.20211105_110028.jpg

Attachments

jarnett

I use a floor jack to jack my chopper up from the cross member of the frame, then place a large 6" x 8" wood block under the front part of the frame just behind the kickstand. It raises the front tire off the ground just enough and the rear tire on the ground while the frame sits flat on the block. Its kind of "shade tree" and a little tricky to get it placed but once it's there it's solid. Ive got the harbor freight lift also wood block worked better for me.

Attachments

TreeGuru

Running 30wt in the Pit and Chopper. Use a scissor lift as stated and add a strap to the Pit's frame to secure it to the lift as you jack up the front end. Ive done a couple of forks this way with no issues. I did add these to My HF lift.View attachment 92719
I have the $60 wheel chock that hangs off the end about 6 inches of my Harbor freight lift table. I will by a scissor lift. Will I need to remove the wheel chock to do my fork rebuild? Thanks Ron

HMAN

Just like to ride
Supporting Member
I have the $60 wheel chock that hangs off the end about 6 inches of my Harbor freight lift table. I will by a scissor lift. Will I need to remove the wheel chock to do my fork rebuild? Thanks Ron
You shouldnt have to. With the front wheel off the chock you can pull the axle n wheel with plenty of room to drop the forks out.